“Bread Pudding ”
Review of Pane E Vino

Pane E Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane E Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 868 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McAvoy St.
Description: Joseph and Esther DeQuattro introduced Pane e Vino to Providence, RI in 2002. Grounded in the spirit and tradition of Southern Italy, at Pane Vino you’ll find your favorite dishes expertly prepared and served in a rustic but elegant setting. Combining the very best of tradition with current executions to form a straightforward philosophy...local, simple, & fresh. The menu and daily specials highlight seasonal flavors, fresh local produce, an all-Italian wine list, and imported specialties from Italy. Signature dishes include a Buacatini Amatriciana, Frutti di Mare with squid ink linguine, and a Veal Chop Parmigiana. Whether you are celebrating a family occasion, enjoying a date night, or a working dinner, Pane e Vino offers many choices to customize your meal. Whatever you choose, Pane E Vino guarantees that you will be satisfied, as do the people of Rhode Island who voted it best Italian restaurant in the state in the Rhode Island Monthly magazine's reader's poll.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I had an excellent dinner at Pane E Vino after a beautiful day at Block Island. They serve traditional italian food. The chicken and egg plant parmigiana are excellent and we’re part of their pre fix menu.

Our server Patricia was excellent and pleasant to talk to. Most importantly, they serve the BEST bread pudding. It taste like over night French toast.

Next time we’re in the Federal Hill area we’ll be back to Pane E Vino.

1  Thank killer_and_the_girl

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are a group of nine, four couples and a single. We hail from Chicago, Vancouver, Pittsburgh, and Detroit. We are all seasoned travelers and have eaten in Little Italy and on Taylor Street in Chicago etc. We know good food and service.
Jason was our server and was present and efficient when needed and in the background when not. A good server knows they are not the focus of the night. Educate, guide and suggest when asked then disappear until needed or wanted again. We unanimously praised the food. I don’t get to the east coast often but next time I’m in Providence you know where I’ll be dining...

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

If you are looking for authentic and traditional souther Italian food cooked by the Italian grand mothers in the back kitchen then you must go to Pane e Vino. Food is just superb, the ingredients are high quality and amazingly fresh. Service is friendly and yet super attentive. I love this restaurant. Buon appetito!!!

1  Thank Cristianonyc10
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The décor was old country Italian. At least it is what I would expect if I visited Italy. The service was exceptional. The food was prepared exactly as we requested and absolutely delicious, The cost was greatly below the quality of the food. It was a very delightful experience!

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Visiting from out of town (CO). The service, food and atmosphere was unforgettable! I will visit every time I am in town. Our server, Ashley A, was attentive, knowledgeable, accommodating and very sweet! She gave us great recommendations on our appitizers, main dish and dessert!

Definitely a must if you are visiting Federal Hill area!