“A Very Nice Italian Restaurant with GREAT food”
Review of Dunraven Inn

Dunraven Inn
Ranked #14 of 141 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Prepared with only fresh and quality ingredients, Dunraven Inn in Estes Park, Colorado offers delicious homemade Italian cuisine. Dine with us tonight!
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We ate here recently on our trip to Estes. I am Italian and very fussy about the food. We chose the lasagna because I was doubting how good the food would be. It was exceptional. The atmosphere is great and our waiter was the BEST. I believe his name was Brian. I could barely finish my meal. My husband said "I hope the servings are generous or that the food is very good". Well, it was both. Expect to be full and the food to be great. It's little pricey but food in Estes is expensive everywhere. We were very happy with everything and will go there again when we visit next year.

Andy M, Owner at Dunraven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Thank you, Joanne! So glad you found your way to our place on your trip. We are thrilled that the lasagna impressed you so much and that Brian took such great care of you! We are thrilled that we lived up to your hopes and we hope you'll be back for another wonderful visit soon!

Andy

Write a ReviewReviews (1 602)

66 - 70 of 1 603 reviews

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We ate at the Dunraven Inn about two weeks ago with another couple. It is a quaint step back in time at a family-owned cozy restaurant. The wait staff was super, and the food delicious and overly generous in portions! Highly recommend you go, and share an entree!

Andy M, Owner at Dunraven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Thank you, Lynne! So glad you had such a wonderful meal at our place. Thrilled we could get you some delicious food and leave you full and happy! We hope you'll be back for more soon!

Reviewed 26 June 2018

The Dunraven Inn is a little tavern a few miles outside Estes Park. You feel like you are walking back in time about 35 years when you walk through the doors. It's situated in a cozy little cabin with dollar bills stapled all over the walls. The lights are low, the candles are lit, and obscure 80's sounding jazz music is piped through the speakers. Service is polite and attentive.

The food itself was decent, but nothing to write home about. You get a soup or salad with every entree. We had a tomato-based Italian soup with sausage. The bread, which was reminiscent of foccacia, comes out in miniature half-loaves that you cut yourself. My husband ordered the lasagna, which I would give an 8/10. They bake it with large chunks of sausage and Italian cheeses and it's pretty good. Unfortunately, my dish--Eggplant Parmesan-- was underwhelming. It was fried and then baked with parmesan on top, and came on top of a bed of standard from-the-box spaghetti. The whole dish was seriously lacking in sauce, cheese, and taste. I would give it a 3/10.

The entrees for dinner start around $20 and they don't have much in terms of appetizers. I saw no entree salads or sandwiches on the dinner menu. In other words, be prepared to drop some cash if you are eating here. Given the unique and enjoyable ambiance of the place and our generally I would have been totally satisfied with the experience had the bill had been about $20 cheaper.

Andy M, Owner at Dunraven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you, Jessie! So glad you had such a wonderful visit at our place. Happy our cozy decor and attentive service impressed you so much. We are glad you enjoyed the lasagna but we with the Eggplant Parmesan had been up to our usual standard. we know we can get you a stellar meal and a perfect evening, and we hope you'll try us again sometime.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

It was our 38th Wedding Anniversary and we could think of no better place we’d rather go than the Dunraven Inn. We’ve been going to the Dunraven for years whenever we visit Colorado and this was the perfect place for our celebration. The atmosphere is romantic, the staff superb, and the food is just out of this world. I had their Ribeye steak which was cooked to perfection and my wife had the Beef Medallions, also perfect. You really have to visit the Dunraven itself to feel its unique ambiance, it’s one of our very favorite places in the U.S.!

Andy M, Owner at Dunraven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you! So thrilled we could get you such a wonderful anniversary meal at our place. Happy the Ribeye hit the spot and well and the Beef Medallions. We hope you'll be back for another wonderful meal next time you have something to celebrate!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant was a good place to enjoy the food and the wait staff was excellent. Had the Ribeye steak. It was excellent. Wife and daughter had Italian and both really enjoyed it. The coffee with dessert was also a great treat.

Andy M, Owner at Dunraven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Thank you, Kurt! So glad you love our place so much! Happy the Ribeye steak impressed you so much, as well as our Italian dishes. We hope you'll be back for some more delicious food soon.

Andy

Been to Dunraven Inn? Share your experiences!