“A hidden gem in Kawaihae!”

The Seafood Bar & Grill
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Kawaihae
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I wanted a special place to go on our last night in Hawaii. We picked this restaurant because it was close to our condo and had very good reviews. We were so happy we did! First it is set up truly like a Tiki Bar and they greet you with a warm welcome. Service couldn't be better as the staff was very attentive. The menu has something for everyone and is moderately priced. My wife had the Mahi- mahi and I picked a steak. Both were delicious and one of the best meals we had on the island. We will defiantly be returning on our next visit to the big island. Great for all ages!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

As far as I'm concerned there is nothing wrong now or ever with stopping in for grinds at the bar and grill. I've been so many times it isn't fair to review them. I'm at the point where I always order the black bean fish dish with Parmesan bread. It has never and most likely never will disappoint me. Just as good is simple burger with fries or the specials of the day. Like I said I'm spoiled. Last night I told our waitress the name doesn't do the dish justice it should have an exotic seafood name like seafood orgasm or something like that to get more folks to try it..Black bean just doesn't cut it does it? Love this place, love the food the ambiance the company and hosts. Give it a try you'll be glad you did. Oh and if you're budget concerned chill it won't cost a fortune like some of the resort establishments.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Set back in the harbor at Kawaihae there’s not much view, but it a great gathering place! The food is really good and moderately priced. The atmosphere is like a Tiki bar from back in the day. Service was good and the owner cruised the tables and bar to be sure everyone was happy and satisfied. Wait staff was busy, but still friendly and attentive. Definitely worth a second visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

From the greeting to the last bite, we were satisfied. Funky tropical style airconditioned bar, the Lanai looks straight onto the harbour. Being from Rotterdam, harbour views do not disturb us at all.
Especially not when nice coconut shrimp and a very well executed Seared Ahi Poké are served alongside a boozy Mai Tai with service that we call “real Aloha”. The waitress worked really hard, and served with a big smile! We recommend it for lunch.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Following great reviews on Yelp and Trip Advisor - we popped into this place. Unfortunately, we did not love it... views were really not fantastic, drinks were good and coconut shrimp was good, dipping sauce not so great. I'd skip this on my next visit!