“Great crew”
Review of Kohala Divers

Kohala Divers
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Kawaihae
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really appreciated the friendliness of the crew. We will plan to dive again with this company the next time we are on the Big Island.

All reviews
"marine life"
in 21 reviews
"pre dive"

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Loved diving with Konala Divers. Nice, professional and really fun. Will dive with them again on the Big Island.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My 12 year old daughter did her open water certification dives and my wife did a refresher dive. Couldn't have asked for a better instructor, Kelleen was great at explaining everything thoroughly, answering lots of questions, keeping it really interesting and fun and making sure my daughter learned all the skills but also really appreciated the experience. The crew was great at thoroughly explaining the process on the boat each day, doing detailed pre-dive briefings, and taking care of all the equipment setup and tear down, making it a very enjoyable experience. Not to mentiong getting to see all the wonderful sights of lava tubes, lobster, turtles, white tipped reef sharks, frog fish, eagle rays, etc.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The trip was well organized and smooth, however the dive master was abrupt and impatient with my teenage son, it seemed like he was more interested in his own dive than helping the paid diver.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just the facts for this one:

1. Boat left very late waiting for two people who chose not to be on time.
2. Boat is either too small or incorrectly configured for 13 divers and has limited shade.
3. We were not allowed to set up our own gear. Gear was given to me by the captain as I am sitting at back of the boat. As I put on my BCD and got ready to enter the water I realizd my inflator hose was not connected. I CAUGHT THE ERROR, NOT THE DIVEMASTER WHO SET IT UP AND NOT THE CAPTAIN WHO WAS CHECKING DIVERS AS THEY ENTERED THE WATER.
4. Dive briefings did not at all match what we saw and where we went underwater. I don’t mean which fish we saw, but which areas of the site we were told we would dive.
5. Dive sites could both be dived from shore with minimal local knowledge.
6. More expensive than other dive shops on the island.