“One of the World's Great spectacles !”

Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Presented by Canon
Ranked #3 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Imagine over 500 colourful hot air balloons rising up at dawn over the New Mexico landscape… there's truly nothing like it. The place to experience it is each October at the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Spectators and balloon pilots from all over the world gather (some even camping in their caravans) to watch the mass ascensions held in the mornings, and night events like the 'glowdeo'. Music stages are set up during the day and performers stroll through the festival crowds, which can number 750,000 people.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Always a wonderful experience-you get up before dawn, the earlier you get to the balloon park,the less you wait in the lines of cars headed for the parking areas. It starts out cold , so wear a good coat with hat and gloves and bring an appetite for Green Chile burritos. The first balloons go up before dawn ( appropriately called the Dawn Patrol) and then the first flight of regular balloons starts going up in unison in groups of about 100 each. As the sun comes up the first rays hit these gorgeous balloons filling the sky and there I no question that it was worth whatever it takes to be there! BE THERE !

5  Thank Ron1733

Reviewed 21 August 2017

this is the most spectacular event in all of New Mexico. I have gone to this for many many years and I am always amazed at all the new things I see each time. The whole event is exciting from the 5 am arrival to the night glow I love watching all the balloons go up row by row and going into their box. The colors are amazing, the shapes are even more amazing! This is an event no one should miss. There are so many ways to arrive, I like biking as they have great parking for the bikes.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I was born and raised here and when the Balloon Fiesta is in full swing, it is a sight to behold. Painted skies with hundreds of balloons scattered throughout our beautiful city is a bucket list item. I don't know how this is not #1 on the list of things to do in Albuquerque. Honestly I don't know how it isn't the #1 thing to do in New Mexico! This truly is something to experience, and once is not enough, I find myself waiting like an excited kid on Christmas morning every year for October to come to enjoy this magnificent event! Be sure to enjoy a balloon glow and a mass ascension if you are going to visit as both are equally breathtaking!

3  Thank Matthew G
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Everyone should see them once if not more. I live here and I love the excitement of it each year. Amazing!

1  Thank marriedmary2015
Reviewed 13 July 2017

Amazing, breath taking, unbelievable balloons. I'm not sure which I loved more - visiting all the balloons or getting up each morning and seeing 100's of them launching and flying across Albuquerque. I think it's an absolute must see if in the area.

Travellers who viewed Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Presented by Canon also viewed

Been to Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Presented by Canon? Share your experiences!