“Some of the best Thai food we've had!!”
Review of Thai Spice

Thai Spice
Ranked #158 of 1 983 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 23 May 2018

We've driven by this place daily for more than a year, and finally decided to stop for lunch. Had real difficulty finding a parking place, and the restaurant was almost totally full- a real surprise- but understandable because of the very delicious food. We ordered beef larb and a chicken curry, along with Thai tea and chicken satay, we we loved every bite. The portions were large, so we brought left-overs home and enjoyed them again the next day. We had a wonderful server named Nam, and she taught us how to make flowers on the end of straw tubes- so special! We just loved our experience there and want to go back soon.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 15 March 2018

Continuing our ever growing love of Thai food, my partner and I decided to check out this place for an dinner while in the local area. There is plenty of parking and the restaurant atmosphere was pleasant and culturally-appropriate. We were the only ones waiting to be seated and had to wait around six minutes for an employee to approach us because it seems like they only had one person working the entire dining room area. The employee was friendly and immediately upon being seated took our drink orders. After than point it several new patrons walked in and the place became very busy and still there was only one person working at least 15 tables. I ordered the fried tofu (as I usually do) and was honestly a little disappointed when I asked if I could substitute the peanut sauce for sweet & sour sauce I stead and was told they couldn't do that. The server told me they don't even have sweet & sour sauce and that took me by surprise being as though I've come to think of that as a staple in Asian restaurants. None the less, I agree to the peanut sauce. While my partner and I waited for our meals we enjoyed watching an international track & field competition on one of their two large tv's. We probably waited 15-20 minutes for our food and when it arrived it was warm and delicious. My tofu wasn't as firm and crispy as I prefer, but it was still tasty and my partner loved his dish and scarfed it down quickly. During all this time we watched the single server rush around trying to get to all the tables so our attempts to notify him of our refill requests went unnoticed for awhile. When he finally did get around to our table he refilled our glasses with the wrong drinks despite us saying what we had. We saw him do this to the table next to ours too as he continuously assumed everyone had ordered Pepsi. After waiting almost half an hour longer he brought us our check and these apple-flavored after dinner candies. The food was good, but I think our experience would have been a lot better if they had had more employees working in the dining area so the service would have been faster and more accurate.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

She was amazed on how well the dishes were prepared, and the flavors. It reminded her of being back in Thailand. Great service and reasonably priced. There are very few authentic Thai restaurants in NM, and this is one of those.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with friends. Each of us had a different entree and the were all great. They even brought cake for the birthday girl.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Delicious food and excellent service. Thai Spice is a small restaurant and usually busy during dinner hours, but I've never had to wait long for a table. Have dined there several times and particularly like the yellow curry and teriyaki chicken.

Date of visit: January 2018