“Excellent Thai Food and Great Service”
Review of Thai Spice

Thai Spice
Ranked #162 of 1 962 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 8 January 2018

Dining at Thai Spice is a slice of Thailand at it's best. The food and ambiance are wonderful and the service is outstanding.

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My wife and I were in Albuquerque and decided to try Thai Spice since we both like Thai food and this place was rated pretty high (4.6/5.0). Granted the restaurant was nearly full, we expected a wait. What we expected and what took place were two very different things. We ordered spring rolls for an appetizer and two entrees. So, our expectation?...that we’d get the spring rolls first, then the entrees. Two tables that came in after we did were served before we were? WTF? Yes, we had placed our orders before they did. So, moving right along, we got the spring rolls and they were blah. Then came the entrees. While my wife thought her curry was very good, my Pad Thai was just average. No complaints about the amount of food, there was plenty.

So, my main issue...service. No one came to the table to say they would check on our order until we’d been waiting for almost an hour. This is not a high end restaurant where expecting to spend a couple of hours is par and there is no rush. This is a smaller, strip mall type of restaurant that has considerable turnover in a short period of time. An equally big issue was the mediocrity of my dish. Probably hit or miss with the entrees and appetizers. That, combined with the very slow service, means we won’t be back. There are too many other really good restaurants in the area, Thai and other styles, to have to go back to this one. I’m certain they have their base and good for them. We won’t be part of their base of customers. If you’re in this strip mall row of restaurants, go to Mario’s...faster service and good pizza.

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The food is outstanding, the portions are generous, the service is perfect, the prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is very comfortable. There are many great choices. My favorite dish is the green curry with lots of vegetables and brown rice.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Best curry you'll ever have anywhere in New Mexico, take out portions are huge, we eat there on a regular basis

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Eaten lunch several times and take out - all dishes were fresh, tasty and visually delightful. Am pleasedt to have this restaurant in my neighborhood.