“Noisy at Lunchtime”
Review of Oak Tree Cafe

Oak Tree Cafe
Ranked #254 of 1 857 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We visited the Oak Tree Café for a going away lunch for a co-worker. However, the restaurant was very noisy at lunchtime and at the long table the 8 of us were seated at we can hardly hear one another.
I had the Extreme sandwich roast beef with dipping au jus; the rest of the group had various burgers. I though the price was high for what I got.
Orders are placed at a counter and the food is delivered to your table by a server.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

You walk in, and they have menus you can take a look at while you're waiting to place your order at the counter. They also have a board with their daily specials. My son and I have gotten their sandwiches, or daily specials- very fresh. We are a little spoiled with filtered water, so we're not too crazy about what comes from the fountain here, but the tea is good! The wait is not long to receive the food, and the atmosphere is nice.

Reviewed 5 August 2017

Three of us went here last night before a concert. It was not crowded at all but it was quite loud inside....we decided it was by design. Order at the counter and they bring you your food. Two of us had the Friday Fish and Chips.....pretty tasty....had better, had worse. One had the tortilla burger which he enjoyed. Would I go back? Yes. Would I seek it out as a food destination...No. People were enjoying the draft beers.

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We decided to give this a try on our way to the Adobe Theater this past weekend. It wasn't quite what we expected (order at the counter and food is delivered), but the food was tasty and nicely presented. My husband ordered a chef's salad which looked lovely but included greens he didn't care for (he's an ice berg lettuce kind of guy), but he loved the Thousand Island dressing. Since it was Friday, I opted for the fish and chips. Haddock isn't my favorite white fish, but it was nicely battered and served with nicely cooked fries. I'm glad we stopped in although it's not a place I feel compelled to seek out and return to. It does seem to have a good local following from families in the area.

Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

We could walk to the cafe from our nearby hotel. We shared fish and chips and fried zucchini. The service was friendly and it seemed like local people enjoyed coming there for dinner and to see each other.