“Very Good Soul Food”

Frank's Famous Chicken & Waffle
Ranked #214 of 1 868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Frank’s is a small, family owned soul food place in an old converted house on busy San Mateo Boulevard. It is austere and run down inside, and when we ate here it was cold as well. Not an auspicious start, but the food more than made up for any misgivings we were feeling. I had the catfish platter with fried okra and red beans and rice; my wife had 12 wings (original) with a side of okra. It was all delicious, although maybe a bit on the salty side. The okra was served with ranch dressing which helped to cut the fact that it was too salty. We loved the red beans and rice in particular. Glad this place is here.

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

I grew up in LA where Roscoes Chicken n Waffles were king. Frank has that spirit in his little dive. Great Chicken n waffles, at reasonable prices. Collard greens were kicking.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My first impression was the old school R&B playing and classic records on the wall. My brother, from another mother, told me about this place and I am so glad he did. After not knowing what to order, I ordered the Temptations Platter, which had everything I wanted. I was really impressed that the food came out steaming HOT, but the plates were not, so I knew the food was not microwaved. I enjoyed the visit and look forward to the next time when I'm in Albuquerque. Keep up the great work!!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I was a doubter but I see the light now! This place serves up delicious food at bargain prices with great, personable service. It was seriously some of the best fried chicken I've ever eaten - and cooked up by Frank himself!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Growing up in Louisiana, I’ve had some great food and this place reminds me of Home. It’s legit y’all! Had a bacon and pecan waffle, Mac and cheese, greens, red beans and rice, and cornbread. Good stuff! Will definitely go back!