“Going downhill”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 12 January 2018 via mobile

I used to look forward to having breakfast at the Cracker Barrel whenever I was in Albuquerque, but the past couple of visits have left me very disappointed. The bad experience on my most recent visit will likely result in it being my last.
For starters, the server was not just unfriendly, she was downright rude.
As for the food, my mother thoroughly enjoyed her pancakes, so that was great! However, my eggs were not prepared as ordered, the gravy was cold, my two slices of bacon turned out to be 1-1/4 pieces, and the hash brown portion was barely two bites worth.
The server never came back to check in with us, and our water glasses were left completely empty - never refilled.
The cashier was extremely friendly and professional, so it was a plus to have her “turn my frown upside down” before I left this establishment, but I would not recommend this Cracker Barrel restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed 12 January 2018

Love love love Cracker Barrel. The breakfast is my favorite, and the country store is an added bonus. They have beautiful clothing, original holiday items, and lots of retro items. I just love to stop here.

Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We went out here for supper. My wife ordered French toast that she enjoyed, my daughter chicken and dumpling, which she enjoyed my son and I ordered a steak (sirloin) I asked for med rare and it came well done. It was tough and dry. I was not able to finish it. The green beans were really good but I am so disappointed about the steak. It reminded me of something I would consider a superstore quality steak. The waitress was super! Very friendly and very helpful. In her defense we did not send the steaks back as I have learned that’s never a good idea. Probably will not be coming back to a Cracker Barrel for a long while.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This week at work, we ordered a catered hot Thanksgiving meal from Cracker Barrel on San Antonio in Albuquerque. The staff was very helpful and the meal was excellent. Great food quality and quantity. The staff had the food hot, boxed up in great carriers, and ready on time. Everyone was quite impressed with the meal. I will definitely do this again!! Thank you, Cracker Barrel, for making this thank you luncheon a memory-maker!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

Delicious catfish dinner with biscuits and cornbread, friendly staff and fast service. The waitress kept tea glass filled, that's what I like!