“Lunch”
Review of El Pinto

El Pinto
Reserve with OpenTable
El Pinto is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 1 868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Alameda Blvd NW
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Always love the food and wonderful atmosphere
We had a great waitress that was very very good
This isa must stop when in NewMexico

Write a ReviewReviews (2 079)

20 - 24 of 2 079 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The ambiance here is easily five star plus. The patio in particular is the coolest place you may ever eat. This is always my wife's must do when she's in ABQ.

The food? Depends largely on what you get. Some dishes are excellent, many others pretty average. Desserts, unfortunately, are disappointing. Service seems to vary by server, and how busy they are at the time. Prices run high; you're not getting out of here without putting a dent in your wallet, especially if you want an appetizer and/or drinks and/or dessert.

I only went for their "award winning" ribs once. Maybe I got them on a bad night, but I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. It was as if they had just rubbed a bunch of dried red chile on the ribs and baked them. The red chile flavor was good, but the ribs were very dry, and the rub seemed to be mostly seeds.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We met friends and their family – and all there were 15 of us. We sat on the patio and the kids played all around. We had cheese enchiladas And they were quite good. The margarita was excellent. The servers were very attentive. All in all a delightful experience.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My out of town visitors always love this place and love the food. The atmosphere can't be beat. It is beautiful and comfortable. The staff is wonderful. they are very attentive and make every effort to make sure you are enjoying your meal. The menu is pretty extensive. There is something for everyone. The New Mexican food is not the most authentic and tends to be on the bland side. the only real problems I had with my dish (taco plate) was that the side of green chile that come with the meal had so many seeds that I had to spend a lot of time to tease out the very tasty green chile. My friend had a combination plate that he thought was very good (he ate the whole thing!)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We came here with a very large party for an anniversary celebration. We made reservations ahead of time, and we were sat out in the patio, which was perfect because the small children could run and play out of the way of wait staff and other customers. The chips here are fantastic, homemade and delicious. All of the food is very traditionally New Mexican and Fresh and amazingly tasty. The wait staff was great and the atmosphere is even better! If you have never been here before, put it on your list to do in the Albuquerque area! Yum!!!

Been to El Pinto? Share your experiences!