“Ate 2 nights in a row!!!!”
Review of Rudy's

Rudy's
Ranked #14 of 1 868 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$8 - US$8
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Totally delicious. Casual atmosphere. Both nights I had the pulled pork sandwich. So delicious, juicy. Had a slight sweet taste to it. Bun was great. I never put bbq sauce on. One night hubby had the brisket. Next night had the sausage. Enjoyed both. He added bbq sauce to his sandwiches at the table. You stand in line to place your order. Refrigerated area where you can pick up your sides. Highly recommend the potato salad. Delicious. Cole slaw is good but the potato salad outstanding. Beverages are self serve unless you buy a bottle of soda while standing in line to place your order. They do have desserts in the refrigerated area. What we discovered the second night is when you walk in there is a counter where they sell frozen ice cream treats which is great. Just in case you aren't full after eating you don't have to get back into line to get a dessert. Place was very clean. Staff very friendly and polite. They do not request a tip even on the charge slip. We loved this place. We are not bbq experts but we know good food when we eat it. Wish we had one where we live! A definite place to eat. They even serve breakfast. Check it out!!

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

As a 1st timer to Rudy’s, I stood in line while observing how things were done.....couldn’t grasp the exact way because every customer was different in their approach. I asked for an explanation from a very nice gentleman who gladly filled me in....food was excellent but somewhat overpriced....1/2 lb of ribs (4 ribs) for $7.99.....pulled pork sandwich was a much better item in quantity....potato salad and creamed corn was very tasty...Cole slaw was nothing special.......BBQ sauce was excellent.....will return but will select differently.....

Reviewed 22 April 2018

There is a model that Rudy's run's on that is great, stand in line, see what's being ordered, look at the menu, then be ready to order when they call you! I have tried everything but the sausages and it is all good. My go to for take out is the Chopped, it is the cheapest on the menu and is the leftover tips and ends mixed with sause(sic) and is delish. Think of a Sloppy Joe made of prime cuts. The BBQ Sause is the best I have ever had, loaded with pepper and just enough vinegar and sugar, be sure to take a bottle home! They will load you up with as much of Mom's Wonder Bread (white or whole wheat) to make sandwiches to your heart's content. I tried the tacos the other day, I could not imagine what they would be like. They are in a flour tortilla, so think of a soft taco or an unfolded burrito, so good!

Reviewed 19 April 2018

I ate here once before (also once at the Coors location) and it was AWESOME. I like that I can put my own sauce on my meat, get my own refills, and add my own condiments based on what I'm feeling that day.

My first visit the cashier was super nice and made recommendations. This visit our cashier was rude as heck. Steer clear of angry looking ones or those who look like they're having a bad day! Besides taking your payment they also serve you your food. My first sandwich was hanging halfway off the paper so I slowly moved it back on the paper and she took offense to that. So, for my second sandwich she literally flattened it and gave me a pint of bean juice. Didn't care to ask her to give me more beans than juice because she was already upset about working.

Overall, love the food just hope their cashiers have better customer service!

Reviewed 6 April 2018

It's not a secret, so be prepared to wait in line about 15 minutes. Totally worth it though. Food is so good and fresh. Be sure to get a side of Creamed Corn.

1  Thank longhornwine

Been to Rudy's? Share your experiences!