“Above average margaritas”

Ranked #122 of 1 921 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Uptown
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Garduno's has a wide selection of margarita's that were better than most mexican restaurants. We had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, although the restaurant was less than half full. Service was prompt. They had chips and (very spicy) salsa waiting on the table when we sat down. Menu has the basics you would expect. I had tacos. They were good but nothing spectacular.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

My wife and I had what was probably the worst meal we've ever had at your Winrock location last night.

The server was initially prompt with chips & salsa and our drink order. Things went steadily and rapidly downhill from there. Our meal was very late (probably about 20 minutes, but we weren't timing it), and the server said it was delayed in the kitchen, but when it came out it was obvious to me that my plate had sat for a considerable amount of time - the bare parts of the tortillas were hard and dry, the covered parts (I had Carne Asada tacos) were soggy. Overall it was lukewarm. The meat chunks were blackened, dry, and flavorless. My wife's combo had cold calabacitas and unpalatable courses (tamale and something else) which were also lukewarm with minimal flavor. The jicama slaw was terrible. At the end of the "meal" we asked for our sopapillas, and after 10+ minutes he said they were making a new batch (after being absent from the dining area the entire time). We asked for our check and left rather than wasting any more time. We had been there about 1 1/2 hour at that time.

Other customers were clearly exasperated with the service they weren't getting either.

When we left we told the hostess about our experience and she said she'd pass our comments to the manager. But she didn't seem very surprised or concerned.

I've worked in food service, I understand the difficulties and challenges, but the overall experience was one of total failure.

I travel extensively and have experienced a wide variety of quality, but this took the cake. In addition, my wife was sick this morning and all of today with food poisoning symptoms , most likely from the food served to her. Fortunately she didn't eat much of it, and my sampling of her food was minimal - and I travel to third world countries and probably have more resistance.

When I told the hotel clerk later he told me that if every other Mexican restaurant in Albuquerque burned down he'd recommend: another choice, going out of town, or Taco Bell if you were set on Mexican food. I agree.

Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

This place has lots of atmosphere, and good food. I loved the shrimp tacos. Dessert choices are a little slim but the portions are so large I have a feeling few get to dessert anyway. Very helpful staff and good value. They also don’t rush you out, even as they’re closing. Overall, I’ll come back.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Chicken fajitas were exceptional. The waiter we had was also exceptional. Environment was as good as any Mexican restaurant I've been in and i have been in hundreds all over the USA.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Came here twice for take out and was not disappointed. The food was sooo good. The portions are huge so there was no way I was finishing everything I ordered, but I tried!