“Roadhouse”

Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Had lunch here recently visitors from out of town. The place was reasonably crowded when we got there and the service was slow. It did thin out while we were there, but we still waited a long time to order and then a long time for our food. Two of us had the Monte Carlo Burger, I had Louie’s Special which is a steak, fried onion and cheese on a hoagie bun, similar to a Philly Cheese steak, and my wife had steak fingers. Mine was disappointing, there was no dressing and the cheese was not melted – it needed mayo and maybe some green peppers. The fries were good. The steak fingers were a lot better than Louie’s Special. This is a working class, locals kind of place with a rustic interior, sort of a cross between a pub and a roadhouse. This was the second time we’ve tried this place and overall I’d say the food is good, but not great.

1  Thank gypsyuno

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Arrived at 5:00 PM to a packed house! Lucked out by getting a table after only a short wait
Server greeted us promptly but was slow to return (big table of 8 seated behind us)
Ordered steaks (of course!) and the flavor was amazing abet a bit chewy.
Salad and dressing was great and Baked Potato big and FRESH and HOT!
Overall a good solid experience!

1  Thank Fdelidude
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Great steak. Wonderful baked potato. Get the home made Greek dressing for you salad. Delicious We were in old town and asked for a food recommendation that’s what brought us here.

Reviewed 4 June 2018

My husband and I were in ABQ for a car show, and were looking for a new steakhouse to try. Based on the reviews, we decided to give it a try, even though it was Saturday evening, Memorial Day Weekend. We got there a bit early, so were seated right away, but early enough that the Prime Rib was not ready. Our waitress, "Fabulous" Sheila was amazing. She was very helpful in recommending drinks and food. The margaritas were very good, but simple. We both had the Shrimp Cocktails, perfect!!!
My husband chose the Porterhouse and I had the Ribeye. Both steaks were delicious, as well as, the loaded baked potato and house salad. The porterhouse was so tender, Hubs didn't even need to use his knife for most of the steak. There was a waiting line as we were leaving, so definitely recommend to choose your arrival time well.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Excellent food & service as I & my family have enjoyed for decades!!! We always come together to celebrate our families successes & triumphs!!! I've known the Katsaros for again, decades & they are so personable & kind as well as making sure they deliver above & beyond expectation!!! NO ONE leaves Monte Carlo dissatisfied!!!

1  Thank Explore776358