“Just wonderful!!”

Cuisines: American
Description: Very good spot for breakfast and lunch--open seven days per week
Description: Very good spot for breakfast and lunch--open seven days per week
Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Located in more of a commercial/industrial area than an area where one would expect to find a restaurant, Vic's could easily be missed or ignored. Showed up on a Sunday morning and was met with the expected Sunday morning crowd craving good. Almost left just by the number of people ahead of us. We decided to stay and are very glad we did. The large crowd in front of us was dwindled down and we were seated in less than 20 minutes. While waiting, we took in all the Christmas decorations and general decor. Not an upscale establishment by any stretch but very welcoming. What was observed though is what I am assuming were the owners or managers taking the time with each patron as they left. Making sure that everything was good and the last impressions were as good as the first. Our waitress was the pinnacle of quickness and efficieny without giving off the impression that we were rushed to get out.

I ordered the chicken fried steak and my fiance ordered the carne adovada with egg. The rest of the menu is an equal mixture of American comfort food mixed with the New Mexican flair of chili and other Mexican dish regulars. Our portions were huge!!! So much so we had enough food for another meal. And all this was reasonably priced.

Every local knows of Weck's as they are peppered all throughout the metro. This would be a very similar comparison with the exception that Vic's is better in every regard. And we found ourselves a new favorite breakfast place!!

Reviewed 9 November 2017

A friend and I went to Vic's Daily Cafe the other day for lunch. It had been awhile since we had been there. We got there early, thank goodness it really fills up for lunch. We were seated and a very nice gal came over to take our drink orders. When she came back we were ready to order. We both ordered the mexican combination plate. Taco, chile rellano and enchilada. I ordered a beef enchilada and my friend had a cheese enchilada. It took a little while to get our food, but the place was really filling up so we didn't mind. When it did come it was delicious. The taco was fabulous as was the chile rellano. I'm pretty picky when it come to chile rellanos and I have to say these were some of the best I have had at a restaurant in town. The enchiladas were good as well. The beans were also some of the best in town. So many restaurants don't put any additional flavoring in their beans so they are pretty bland, but these were very good and had some good flavor. The overall service was good and the owner came to our table to see if we liked our lunch. I always appreciate it when an owner cares enough to find out if I am a happy customer, it only benefits them. Overall a great place for lunch or breakfast. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Have enjoyed many meals at Vic's Daily Café and enjoyed every visit. The food is delicious comfort food and the service is delivered with a smile. The Huevos Rancheros and Chicken Fried Steak keep me coming back.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Vic's is one of my "must" stops whenever I'm in Albuquerque. Every breakfast I've had there has been exceptional. And they are so good that I want to have the same thing again next time, but then there's something new to try!

I was thinking about my favorite Athenean omelette while we were driving there. But while we were waiting to be seated I saw that the daily specials included almond-crusted French toast with a pumpkin custard and just had to try that.

As usual, I was not disappointed. This French toast was so yummy! Maybe I'll get my omelette next time.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We went to Vic's for breakfast with friends. This is just the kind of place to eat we look for when visiting new areas.

The menu was good. We had lots of choices. Prices were more than fair . Our server was friendly and offered good service.

We were all pleased with the food, the price and just about everything with this restaurant. It's a great place and fairly close to the Balloon Fiesta grounds and we would recommend it to everyone. Good stop!