“Vic's Always Good”

Cuisines: American
Description: Very good spot for breakfast and lunch--open seven days per week
Description: Very good spot for breakfast and lunch--open seven days per week
Reviewed 9 November 2017

A friend and I went to Vic's Daily Cafe the other day for lunch. It had been awhile since we had been there. We got there early, thank goodness it really fills up for lunch. We were seated and a very nice gal came over to take our drink orders. When she came back we were ready to order. We both ordered the mexican combination plate. Taco, chile rellano and enchilada. I ordered a beef enchilada and my friend had a cheese enchilada. It took a little while to get our food, but the place was really filling up so we didn't mind. When it did come it was delicious. The taco was fabulous as was the chile rellano. I'm pretty picky when it come to chile rellanos and I have to say these were some of the best I have had at a restaurant in town. The enchiladas were good as well. The beans were also some of the best in town. So many restaurants don't put any additional flavoring in their beans so they are pretty bland, but these were very good and had some good flavor. The overall service was good and the owner came to our table to see if we liked our lunch. I always appreciate it when an owner cares enough to find out if I am a happy customer, it only benefits them. Overall a great place for lunch or breakfast. I would highly recommend it.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Have enjoyed many meals at Vic's Daily Café and enjoyed every visit. The food is delicious comfort food and the service is delivered with a smile. The Huevos Rancheros and Chicken Fried Steak keep me coming back.

Reviewed 6 November 2017

Vic's is one of my "must" stops whenever I'm in Albuquerque. Every breakfast I've had there has been exceptional. And they are so good that I want to have the same thing again next time, but then there's something new to try!

I was thinking about my favorite Athenean omelette while we were driving there. But while we were waiting to be seated I saw that the daily specials included almond-crusted French toast with a pumpkin custard and just had to try that.

As usual, I was not disappointed. This French toast was so yummy! Maybe I'll get my omelette next time.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

We went to Vic's for breakfast with friends. This is just the kind of place to eat we look for when visiting new areas.

The menu was good. We had lots of choices. Prices were more than fair . Our server was friendly and offered good service.

We were all pleased with the food, the price and just about everything with this restaurant. It's a great place and fairly close to the Balloon Fiesta grounds and we would recommend it to everyone. Good stop!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Amazing as always. It was a Friday morning around 8am. The place was pretty quiet which was great. Every other time we've stopped by, it's been packed.

They close at 2pm so keep that in mind.

I had my usual, the Vaquero's breakfast plate which is a chicken fried steak, 2 eggs and hashbrowns. I skipped on the beans. I love my potatoes. I added an extra egg and went Xmas(green & red) on the chile.

Yummy!

I'll definitely be back now that I found a slow time.....Yeah!