“Great food, Giant portions.”
Review of Vic's Daily Cafe

Vic's Daily Cafe
Ranked #39 of 1 864 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Description: Very good spot for breakfast and lunch--open seven days per week
Description: Very good spot for breakfast and lunch--open seven days per week
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We got the Huevos, they were great, just more food than any one person should eat, coffee wasn't that great, but was different, reminded me of Louisiana roadside diner coffee, not good, not bad, nostalgic. Chile is a little on the hot side.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

We had heard about Vic's from several friends and finally decided to have breakfast there. The menu includes all the usual suspects but not many New Mexican choices. Both the red and green are good, but not exceptional. Eggs were cooked to perfection and the hash browns were great. Portions are good sized and prices reasonable. The atmosphere is a mix between diner and neighborhood hang-out. As far as we could tell, the clientele were local and were well aquainted. Service was excellent. We were cheerfully welcomed as we entered and there was friendly bantering. Our drinks were refilled without asking and our wait person always had a smile. Requests for substitutions were granted without hesitation. The food is good but not extraordinary. It's nice having a neighborhood place without pretense - a place you can count on for good food, good service and a friendly environment.

Reviewed 13 May 2012

I went here at 11:30 am for lunch on 5/8/2012. I was taken to my table and it took 30 minutes for the waitress to take my order. Then it took another 20 minutes to get my food. Another waitress brought my food to me and I never saw my waitress. I had to hurry and eat my food and then I finally had to go up to the area where the waitresses were and ask for a to go box and my check. The food was good, but not good enough to make up for the awful service.

I will never go here again and I told my friends about the lack of service.