“OK But Not as Good as the Hype”
Review of Five Guys

Five Guys
Ranked #481 of 1 962 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 June 2018

This national fast food chain rests on a business model of made-to-order fresh hamburgers. You order at the counter and wait while the burgers are made. You can get single or double meat burgers and choose from a wide variety of condiments and toppings. They make a big deal about the freshness of the ground beef and the fact that they use whole potatoes or sweet potatoes for the fries. They do not make any concession for the local Albuquerque love of green chile: you can get a bacon cheeseburger with Jalapenos, but there is no green chile here. Although it sounds like a great idea, the burgers really aren’t anything special and the fries are just average, although they give you a lot of them. They don’t make onion rings. They do offer a variety of hot dogs and have a veggie sandwich, grilled cheese and a BLT on the menu. They make a variety of flavored milk shakes in addition to the standard soft drinks. There are large bags of salted in the shell peanuts you can munch on while waiting for your burgers. The standard Five Guys interior is a sort of antiseptic red and while motif, tile floor and tile on the walls. There is both indoor and outdoor seating at this location. Five Guys is probably here to stay as a player on the hamburger fast food business, and as fast food burgers go these are probably slightly better than most.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

While I had never been to this establishment before, my twin 9-year-old daughters raved about this place as we were on our way to a competitor, so I decided to give it a whirl. Selecting their "bacon burger" (adult size, which I found out later meant two patties 'under the hood') and one large portion of cajun fries, I was expecting a treat. As I sat there reading all the self-congratulatory propaganda plastered all over their internal walls, my mount began to get into the infrequent mood for a juicy burger. What emerged from the grill was tasteless, and therefore, disappointing. As advertised just above their elongated grill, 5 Guys cook all their burgers "well done" without asking the customer whether that is their choice. The burger was overdone; IF there was bacon on the "bacon burger," I could neither taste it nor see it, so I can't quite comment on that. The 'Cajun' fries were undercooked, so they were mushy and falling apart. The only thing I can say about the fries is that a "large" order for buys the customer a very large amount. But again, unenjoyable at best, and most certainly overpriced for what you receive. My two daughters, each had a child's burger @ $5.29/burger, my tasteless burger came in at $8.29 and the large fries was $6; so adding tax, this meal came to $27. This was a thoroughly disappointing meal with no real value. I will not return regardless of my annual cravings, and, would not recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

My cheeseburger was very good along with the fries! My only dislike was the girl taking my order, she appeared to be under the influence of a drug! Very much a slow learner and didn’t take her job very seriously.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

Great burgers, always fresh. Love the cajun fries. Great place for lunch or family meals. Only place I go for burgers in town.

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

Just had their Cheeseburger which is a double (which you need as the burgers are very thin) and a soda. It was over $11. The burger was good, however, this still just fast food. They are definitely a step up from McDonald's, No etc but $11 for a burger and soda is too much money.