“Great bubble-making exhibit”

Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque
Ranked #2 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
More attraction details
Owner description: Explora is an innovative learning place, part science center, part children's museum, providing fun, truly hands-on activities in science, technology, and art for people of all ages, from toddlers to teens to adults. We have an early childhood learning area, including a special area for toddlers to explore, and children and adults enjoy not only our two main floors of exhibit activities, but our outdoor decks with views, giant building blocks, playground patio, and gift shop filled with entertaining and educational items great for at home or travel fun. We offer after-school, home school, and early childhood classes, plus winter, spring, and summer camps for kids. Located in Albuquerque's historic Old Town, Explora has free parking and is perfectly situated for a walk to the nearby park, shops, and restaurants. We close Jan 1, July 4, the week after labor day, Thanksgiving, Dec. 25. We close early at 2pm Dec. 24 & 31.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Visited with my 8-year-old granddaughter, who seemed to love every exhibit. Her favorite, and the favorite of visitors of all ages that day, was the bubble exhibit. They had 5 different stations where the visitors could make bubbles of all sizes, including foam, and could manipulate them. Lots of other great hands-on things for kids to do as well.

Reviewed 4 September 2017

This place is great for the whole family. The exhibits will engage the kids from the start to the end. It's a great alternative to the touristy Old Town.

Pros: 1. Engaging exhibits - my grandson loved the
Engineering Gravity exhibit while my grand daughter
would not leave the Curious Bubbles area.
2. The elevator - plan on sitting and relaxing in the
elevator. This was the first time I reclined in an
elevator
3. Ride the High wire. This was fun for grandpa, riding a
bicycle on a high wire.

Cons: Nothing I can think of.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

This place has never disappointed me. We take our kids here every time we get the chance! There is so much to do and learn, you will want to take the day to experience it all.

The staff is always helpful and friendly, even at the end of the day. We had one staff member notice that we were marveling at a particular exhibit, so she took us to a place that we didn't even know existed, and it was marvelous! Her excitement was infectious, and she obviously enjoyed her job. She was good at it too!

One of these days, my husband and I plan to hit this place without kids. It really is that fun!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

I have two grandsons age 4 1/2 & 2 1/2. We spent over 4 hours here playing and exploring. There are so many thing for the kids to try and play with. Staff is very friendly and keeps the place cleaned up. I had to pull my grandsons out because I was hungry. Plenty of places to eat near Explora we choose 5-Star Burger where they have kids menu which encludes a hamburgers and fresh fruit for $3.

1  Thank Joseph W
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Great place, my wife and I took our nephew, this place has all the gadgets for kids and big kids like me, this is a must see to get the young and old minds alike thinking about the bigger picture.

1  Thank southpadrecarts

Travellers who viewed Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque also viewed

Been to Explora Science Center and Children's Museum of Albuquerque? Share your experiences!