“Fine meal”
Review of the range Cafe

the range Cafe
Ranked #1 019 of 1 966 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Dinner on a Wednesday night. Place was empty, service very quick. Staff very friendly and helpful. Decor is whimsical and pleasant. Wife had a Caesar salad with chicken. I did the range chicken. Starter of green chili stew. All were good. Basically the menu is comfort food with a New Mexican twist. Seems like a good casual place for a simple meal with friends or family. But nothing special.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

A few hiccups with staff. Overall the restaurant will work out their kinks in time. The bakery is a must. Fried green chili strips rule as a starter.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Great service,Great people,Great food....hard to get three Greats from anything.
From the hostess to management, to Roger our server....everyone was on point.Roger visited enough...not too much but didnt disappear either.Just Right !

Thank you for making a quick dinner out more than just that.

Try the Green Chili meatloaf and the Bread pudding when you go.

Jason

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Over the years, I have had many great meals at one of the Range Cafe locations. The Range Burger is outstanding. My 90-year-old mother-in-law thought that the breakfast oatmeal, served with a large scoop of cinnamon ice cream on top, was the way oatmeal would be served in heaven. I have even had excellent fish dishes at the Range. Having said all of that, my most recent meal was a huge disappointment.
The special of the evening was barramundi over a mushroom and asparagus risotto with a citrus cream sauce. Sounds fabulous, right?
The barramundi was overcooked, dry, and had almost no flavor. The risotto was the consistency of library paste, and the citrus cream was definitely creamy, but not citrus flavored, plus there was way too much of it. It was impossible to get a bite of anything without having it drowned in the cream.
I will certainly eat at The Range again, but this meal was a major disappointment!

Reviewed 1 April 2018

We have had meals at most of the other Range locations so when we were in the area of Cottonwood mall we decided to stop in on a Sunday evening about 6PM.
This location was converted from a steakhouse (the Lone Star?) by the owners of the Range. There is plenty of parking since this location is in an out lot near the mall. The interior is fairly sterile (only a few old fashioned ranges on display) compared to the other locations, probably because the owners were stuck with the layout as-is.
We were seated promptly; the restaurant was about 2/3 full. The server took our orders within 5 minutes and our food arrived within 10 minutes. I ordered "steak Oscar off the "special of the day" menu; my wife and daughter ordered the taco salads. All of the food was good as the other Range locations. I thought that my steak Oscar was over-priced for what I got - it should have been 15.99 not 18.99.
Bottom-line, this Range is about the same as the others except for the interior décor. However, we still need to visit the location near Old Town ABQ.