“Something new and recommended by family”

California Pastrami
Ranked #52 of 1 966 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: we are a family owned business founded in 2006 at the New Mexico Fair. We worked out of a 8'x16' trailer for 5 years on the street corner in Santa Fe NM for 5 years and also did the State Fair for 5 years. We have been in our current location since October 2016. Our Mission is to Delight our customers in a way that creates loyalty.
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I'm writing two reviews since I conducted back to back visits at this location this week.

Visit 1 - 2 folks
Our first time to visit one of these places. We didn't know what to get but I did have recommendations on the burgers and philly's. So that is what we ordered, she ordered a philly and I ordered a double meat cheese bacon burger. Both had fries. We had them cut each order in half so we could share.
A double meat burger is a big boy so beware. It was excellent. She couldn't eat the two patties and gave that second patty to me. :o)
Philly was good.
Just beware that burger does come with mayo and mustard for those who don't like mayo.

Visit 2 - Next day with 4 folks total.
Two folks had burgers, one had a king size pastrami sub, and turkey sandwich. One order of fries, one potato salad, and 2 onion rings. Everyone liked their sides except the potato salad person. Sounded like they were a little picky about their potato salad and wasn't sure why they even ordered it. So unclear on why they didn't like but I didn't try it so I can't say one way or the other on it.
Everyone's food was good.

Overall - both visits were a very good and we will be revisiting the establishment.

I'll attach some photos of the menu.

Date of visit: January 2018
Joseph R, Manager at California Pastrami, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thank you Rico for visiting us we appreciate you trying us out for the first time. As for the mustard and mayo on the burgers the cashiers are trained to ask if it is okay every time the burger is ordered so if it didn't happen i do apologize for that. I am glad you enjoyed your experience both times. Our mission is to delight our customer in a way which creates loyalty.

Joseph , Manager

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

Food can not get much better then this high quality sandwich I had service was fast and accurate and staff was friendly

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 30 December 2017

This is not a national chain, but locally owned and operated with one now on Gibson, Montgomery, and 7 Bar Loop on the West Side...Joe is doing his darndest to make CP convenient for us. I started the year with the new opening on the other side of the river and seems fitting to end it there with visits in between while garnering Thumbs Up by introducing G-Daughters to the delights of the Reuben.
IMHO, it is a sin not to have at least one, let alone a half, at least twice a year.
A Big "R" of 0.995, for you techies, regarding Consistency!

Reviewed 24 December 2017 via mobile

Absolutely love the great food and outstanding customer service.
We will be back.
If your looking for an amazing Pastrami sandwich this is the #1 place.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

still the best pastrami in the area. Very friendly and courteous staff. My wife loves the fish tacos and the pastrami reuben sandwich.