“Always good food and fun atmosphere.”
Review of Old Towne's Alibi

Old Towne's Alibi
Ranked #23 of 130 Restaurants in Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Bar
Reviewed 28 June 2018

My favorite sandwich is a Cuban, and Alibi has the best one in the area.

Brunch on Sunday is fun for everyone.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

Wow.. this place can rock! Open mike time is awesome and I hear the "Cruise In " that they sponsor with the auto body shop CRUISERS is off the chain It is every Thursday in May! I would call for dinner reservations.. the place fills quickly 804 479 3566

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Great place to eat if you want to avoid the chain restaurants and enjoy a local business. Food is Made From scratch and they have great daily specials. They are very accommodating if you want do deviate from the standard menu. Heidi provided excellent bar service and went above and beyond to make me feel welcomed.

Reviewed 10 December 2017

A very good visit to this modern American classic of a restaurant. First off, it's in an old/historic downtown area in Petersburg. Inside and out that's what it looks like and it makes for a nice atmosphere to dine in. Service was great all the way around. My friend and I hung around and chatted for quite sometime after we ate and were offered refills continuously. Many of the tables were elevated along with the chairs at those tables.

The menu was simply superb and they even had a special brunch menu that we could not order off of because they had run out of many items including chicken and waffles. So, given this, it's clearly a popular place. We arrived at around 2:30 pm and it pretty much stayed populated until we left so plenty of folks coming in for a bite before heading out. The menu really had a truly great variety of items and, again, with many items famous in the south or at least in this area such as crab cakes.

I nearly went for a crab cake sandwich, nearly went for a Reuben (a fave of mine), and nearly went for the shrimp and grits. So much there that looked just great! I settled on a sunshine burger. Sometimes known as a farmhouse burger this is a classic bacon cheeseburger with a fried egg on top. I asked for him to be fried hard and it was awesome. Classic burger flavor and the egg came through as well. I wondered what their coleslaw tasted like and the server was willing to bring me a small portion cup of it to try first. It was a very good and not-too-sweet creamy coleslaw so I went for that as my side. Looking at the food that others had, it looked to me like everyone there was quite happy with it.

While this is not a pub, I would say that it is kind of "pubby" if you will. It's got that pub-like hominess and coziness. The friendly service only added to that and kudos to the service staff along with the folks who prepare the food. I am really glad I took the time to try this little gem out. I am quite happy to highly recommend you try this one out. I don't think you'll walk away either disappointed or hungry and I hope you have an experience as good as I did! I am only in this area for a short time but if I were here longer, I'd see MANY more trips to this fine place to try out more of the menu.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Arrived and was immediately at ease. This comfortable little pub has it all. Great selection of local and seasonal brews on tap as well as most others in a bottle. Scrumptious appetizers and sandwiches. Plenty of room for friends to get together and enjoy good company, great conversations and relax at the end of a day and the start of the evening.