“Cozy Oasis on the Pecos”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Pecos River Cabin

100-year-old, fully restored, full log cabin
Autumn is glorious, looking up the lane from the cabin The Pecos River, just steps from your front door
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
100-year-old, fully restored, full log cabin
Autumn is glorious, looking up the lane from the cabin
The Pecos River, just steps from your front door
master bedroom with star-gazing, river-listening skylight
Living room with plenty of seating, flat TV and extensive DVD library
Cozy kitchen, fully equipped
Start on that novel you've been thinkiing about!
Settle in with a good book from the cabin library, where there\'s something for everyone
Take a break from fishing and watch the river run!
Large stone patio, with gas barbecue grill, overlooks the grassy meadow
Nothing like a nap in the hammock on a warm afternoon
A creekside rest stop provides viewing of the horseshoe pit
A meandering creek runs through the property, with its own footbridge
Winter on the Pecos is breathtaking! Bring your snowshoes or just curl up by the fire.
Blue sky above a sparkling snow-covered cabin
The Steller's jays stand out against a snowy background
Winter on the Pecos River
Winter at the cabin is magical with a cozy wood stove and plenty of wood provided
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
kateadyer
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Cozy Oasis on the Pecos”
Reviewed 26 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Wow! What a wonderful cabin and perfect riverside location. Go to sleep listening to the creek and river rushing while stargazing through the skylight above the bed. Tastefully and beautifully decorated with great art and treasures while not being cheesy or ‘theme’ centered. Just the right size and had everything you could need. Great location with access to trails But still not too far from Pecos. I would stay here again and recommend it with zero hesitation. The only downside was it was so hard to leave!!

Judy w
“Pecos river cabin”
Reviewed 16 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

We thought the area was beautiful, the cabin too was very nice. We were disappointed that the cabin was on the creek side, not the river side, we wanted to fish right off the cabin property but all in all everything was what we expected& Margo was very nice to deal with.

24 Sep 2017
Hi Judy, thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your time at the cabin. I'd love to welcome you back again: return guests receive a 5% discount for off-season stays. The creek is indeed between the cabin and the river, but once you've crossed over the little footbridge, our 360 feet of river frontage are just steps away and offer many spots for fishing. I'm sorry our Guest Info is not clear on this. I'll include this info for other guests. Thanks again!
John T
Houston, Texas
“Very Nic cabin in the woods.”
Reviewed 29 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We enjoyed our short stay ate the Pecos River Cabin. It was nice to enjoy the cool weather and woods. Due to a knee and ankle injury we weren't able to hike or walk the banks of the river but enjoying the quite was fantastic. Being "chair" bound gave us the opportunity to watch many movies in the cabin. We hope to return soon.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
11 Aug 2017
John, thank you for your review. I'm so sorry about your injuries. I hope for a speedy and complete recovery so that next time you can fully enjoy not only the cabin, but the surrounding Pecos Wilderness. Thank you again for choosing Pecos River Cabin!
Tammy P
“Great little cabin in the woods!”
Reviewed 22 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We stayed for a week and it was wonderful! We caught lots of trout and did some beautiful hiking. The cabin is well stocked and comfortable. We saw wildlife in the yard in the evenings and hummingbirds are everywhere! A fire pit for the cool evenings and a full shower would have been nice but we had an amazing stay.

26 Jul 2017
Tammy and Bill, thank you so much for your comments! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the cabin. I agree it would be nice to have a fire pit. We're working on finding a way to create one without increasing the fire risk. And the shower ... oh my, yes. I love the tub, but our long-term plans include a second bathroom with a real shower!

Thank you again for choosing Pecos River Cabin for your vacation. I look forward to welcoming you back sometime soon!

Warm regards,
Margo
Bob F
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed 21 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

We really enjoyed our stay at the Pecos River Cabin. The cabin is very comfortable and the host Margo has provided many amenities and oddiments to make the stay pleasant and interesting.

While a small TV and many DVDs are provided, I don't see why anyone would want to watch TV with all the natural beauty outside. Everyone if there is a blizzard, it would be more rewarding to read one of the interesting books available in the cabin.

Sleeping under the skylight is interesting since there is a view of the starry sky and no sleeping in in the morning.

The wifi works well but not fast enough for Netflix, but why would you want to do this in the cabin.

Take care with the high altitude. Even after a day of acclimation, my wife got very sick while hiking on the mountain trail at 9100 feet. The forest is beautiful, but take care about your safety, particularly since the cabin is already 8 miles from cell service, and the hiking paths are several times further away than that.

3 Jun 2017
Thanks for your review, Bob! I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit. I especially appreciate your "heads up" to other hikers about the perils of hiking at high altitudes. I'm so sorry for your wife's experience. I'll be sure to advise other guests, beyond what I've included in my Guest Info package.

Thank you again, Bob. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon for some hiking at lower elevations.

Best regards,

Margo
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing