“A great place to celebrate with family”

Water Street Oyster Bar and Sushi Bar
Ranked #10 of 762 Restaurants in Corpus Christi
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were actually on our way to another highly recommended restaurant when I saw the Water Street Oyster Bar. Oysters are my favorite, so I almost happy when there was a long line at the other restaurant.
The offerings satisfied everyone in our party, from the oysters lovers to the meat eaters... and in between.
We started with their great variety of local and Texas draft craft beers. They were fresh and delicious. The oysters were the same.
The fried calamari was done to perfection and the portion was huge. I had no room for dessert, but I did sample the key lime pie which was one of the best that I have ever had.
The service was excellent from beginning to end.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

I will say the fried shrimp were delicious but that was about it for compliments. Our calamari came in an unappetizing soup bowl and were extremely tough. My husband's oysters were fried in a batter better suited to chicken fried steak...without seasoning. We told our server when he picked up the calamari dish that they weren't very good and he shrugged his shoulders with indifference. They look to be more sushi than anything else

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a weekend family visit to Corpus Christi for nephew's birthday and ate at his favorite place. The food is delicious, the wait time not so long, and the service excellent. I had the grilled shrimp and my nephew, sister, and his son enjoyed luscious seafood. Try the Key Lime pie. It is beyond delicious.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We lived in the Corpus area for ten years, and this was always our restaurant of choice. It hasn't changed in the interim years. Still excellent.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

The food is always great here. I want to comment about the excellent service I had. I had taken my 94 year old mother for and early dinner. Gabriella, our waitress, was so patient and kind. Elton, the manager was terrific, too. There was the hostess who got helped mom with a cushion!!!
Great staff!!