All reviews national harbor mgm casino alternative hotel housekeeping staff are host hotel outlet mall free shuttle great water pressure entire hotel restful night called housekeeping quality hotel chicken empanadas free breakfast min drive modern hotel new carpet
Reviewed 27 September 2018

For 10 years, I've stayed onsite in National Harbor when in the area for business but a recent conference at the Gaylord sucked up all the rooms in the immediate hotels. I looked a little further out and found the Harborside Hotel online with some available rooms. The staff is incredible ~ personable and upbeat in all areas of the property ~ especially front desk, breakfast staff and Keith the shuttle driver. The lobby is absolutely beautiful, my room was clean and spacious, the king sized bed super comfy, the water pressure for showering perfect and water temperature nice and hot. There were some areas of the hotel showing some wear ~ hallway carpeting, slow elevators and a few areas in my room. The staff more than made up for that though!
Something strange and worth mentioning ~ immediately following my check in on day 1, two members of housekeeping let themselves into my room while I was laying on the bed watching TV. The first housekeeper knocked but gave me no time to answer the door before letting herself in. The second housekeeper arrived 10 minutes later and didn't knock at all, but unlocked the door and came right in. Not sure why that happened since the front desk called housekeeping at check in to make sure my room was ready. Also, housekeeping staff can be loud during the day when turning over rooms for 3 pm arrivals. There was a lot of loud but happy banter up and down the halls which didn't help my naptime on Day 2. The shuttle drops off and picks up at the Gaylord which is really convenient.

Room tip: There really isn't a good view from any side ~ on a busy road in Oxon Hill
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 September 2018

The Harborside Hotel would be a great cost-effective counterfoil to the MGM which is just a five-minute drive away but for the fact that the Harborside Hotel is quite dreary. We took a king suite only to discover that all the king suites on every floor are next to the elevators. Whoever built this hotel did not think of soundproofing. You will hear the swish and vroom of the elevators all night long. The accommodation is roomy and all that but just basic really. The saving grace for this hotel is the people. Top guys and girls to the last one of them.

Room tip: Avoid the rooms near the elevators. All the king suites are right next to the elevators so DO NOT book them
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2018

We had a good time and the place was clean, but it was pretty far away from the main strip. There was a shuttle and the drive is not bad at all so it was a good bargain. I think if you are looking for the National Harbor experience

Date of stay: September 2017
Reviewed 17 August 2018

All in all it was just an okay stay. The hotel is not in what I woul call a safe area, therefore running out for a quick inexpensive bite to eat wasn't an option. Some of the staff were snooty and others very nice (those in the bar and at breakfast) The room was average, but the noise from the ice machine across the hall was awful. One night I could hardly think while eating at the bar as it was Karaoke night. The bar flows into the lobby, so the lobby is extremely niosy - too many hard surfacec which don't buffer it. I would rather have spent more for a better place.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We had our Family Reunion at Harborside and it was excellent! We had breakfast included with our hotel stay. The rooms were very clean and newly decorated. Service for towels and cleanup were on time. I was very happy about their attention to detail. We had our dinner there and it was very tasty and so was breakfast. No runny eggs!! I loved the transportation the hotel provided for every 15 min you could take the shuttle to the casino and Gaylord htl, the restaurants and mall. I used it everyday for 3 days. They made the trip great! I will use Harborside again for group/family events! I will also use it as a getaway for me too- it’s down the street from the MGM Grand and the price is affordable!

Date of stay: August 2018