“Food great, hostess rude”

Market Street Grill
Ranked #54 of 1 506 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 350 South, West Temple
Transit: Public transportation, via TRAX light rail and the Utah Transit Authority coach system, is provided into-and-out of downtown Salt Lake City, with the Gallivan Plaza Station only one-half block from The Grill's front door. Travelers should take advantage of the transit system's "Free Fare Zone" in The Grill's downtown area.
Description: Rated Salt Lake’s finest seafood restaurant, the Market Street Grill has been the unanimous favorite of locals and visitors from around the world. Located in the heart of downtown in the historic 1906 New York Hotel, the Grill is open daily, serving an award-winning breakfast, lunch, dinner and Sunday brunch with menus that offer something for everyone. Enjoy a free shuttle to-and-from select sporting and arts events when you dine at the Grill. A private dining room is available when reserved ahead. Street and valet parking are available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The atmosphere and food here is great! I had made reservations not realizing there are two restaurants in one. It was raining. Hostess at first door I went in sent me away and out into the rain to go to the other door. Turns out I was in the right place the first time and could have walked through a shared passage. We were meeting and entertaining long time but seldom seen friends and this introduction to Market Street Grill put a damper on the entire event. Beautiful restaurant but employees need a morale boost and maybe some need "the boot" for not understanding hospitality.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 048)

8 - 12 of 1 049 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sat down for a lunch as I was leaving town the service was fast and friendly and they poured a great drink

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter had the scallops and my wife the lobster ravioli special. For the price, I thought the food was average. I tried the grilled halibut with a crab cake on top. $40 or so for each. There was a lot of food, so that part was fine, just have had better seafood.

The server we had was fine. The hostess was not the kindest. We were several minutes early and she let us know she would not seat us u til our reserved time, though it was not busy at all.

All in all, I would not return here.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It Was my brother’s birthday and he chose Market Street. It had been at least 5 years since my last visit. The whole experience was excellent from the interaction with the valet to the front desk. Our waiter was personable and right on top of our requests. We had some oysters which were fresh. The Cedar Plank Salmon was as good as my last visit to Seattle. Their dessert tray was fabulous. I’m glad he made the choice.

1  Thank PCWildcat
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

One always wonders if going to Sunday brunch at a nice restaurant means getting a lukewarm but overpriced meal in a hurry-up atmosphere. We were pleased to know, this was not the case here. The food was very good and price comparative. Also, a nice feature was their breakfast drink menu that was priced and sized to enjoy with our meal without having the pre-meal drinks costing more than the meal.

Their specialty is clearly the assorted Eggs Benedict items. Both of ours were excellent.