“Try Bambara and the Vault”
Review of Bambara

Bambara
Reserve with OpenTable
Bambara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11 of 1 512 Restaurants in Salt Lake City
Price range: US$15 - US$40
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 200 South
Transit: TRAX stop on Main Street Between 200-300 South UTA Bus Stop on 200 South at Main Street
Description: Bambara: A Salt Lake City Restaurant Celebrating Past and Present With a tempting New American Bistro menu featuring a "World of Flavors" and a playful sense of whimsy and style, Bambara is one of downtown Salt Lake City's liveliest restaurants. Housed in the historic Continental Bank lobby, Bambara Salt Lake City expertly melds a sense of tradition with a very contemporary energy, at once colorful and elegant. Located in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City, our nationally recognized, award-winning restaurant has attracted a devoted following that expands daily.
Reviewed 5 July 2018

Breakfast was a hit and miss for us. It seemed that the Croque Madam was made with sour dough bread that was a bit stale (Sunday Brunch) – even with a steak knife it was difficult to cut. However the bagel “sandwich” was excellent. The coffee is a local blend and tastes weak/flavorless. Perhaps the GM will make a change based on the complaints we witnessed during our stay. Dinner was absolutely top flight with friendly and attentive service.

tommy g, General Manager at Bambara, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hi Diana!

I am sorry that you were not happy with all of our breakfast offerings and we will use your feedback to better serve our future guests. I am so pleased to hear you loved Dinner and your service. we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed 1 July 2018 via mobile

I ate here for breakfast/brunch. We ordered French toast, scrambled eggs, potatoes, chicken sausage & breakfast burrito.
My eggs w/ cheese & onions were over cooked. My potatoes were also hard & over cooked. My food came cold. The chicken sausage taste like nail polish remover. They gave me new eggs & potatoes. Eggs still came back over cooked. Potatoes were better & food came back hot. The French toast was my favorite. It was tasty. My hubby said he liked his burrito. 2nd time back we got a cheese plate to go. Wasn’t worth 18. I wouldn’t eat here wasn’t good enough to go again.

tommy g, General Manager at Bambara, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

I am sorry we did not give you a great experience Michelle. Chef has released a new breakfast and brunch menu that I believe you will enjoy. We hope you give us another chance at serving you.

Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

We had a delightful experience. The Scottish salmon dish with horseradish mashed potatoes, garlicky chard p, and baby carrots was perfectly flavored, cooked and the presentation superb. My husband had the gnocchi, mushrooms, and peas. I tasted the gnocchi and now I know what it is supposed to taste? Heavenly! The wine list is wide ranging and the service was fast! No complaints here. It was pricey, but it was worth it.

1  Thank kburbank7
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I joined two friends for a nice dinner out on a recent trip to a Salt Lake City. The restaurant is pretty highly rated so we were looking forward to it. The experience was good, but not quite at the level we expected for the price point. The service was excellent; no complaints there. The waitstaff was very attentive and friendly. The food was generally good with nice combinations of flavors. My wife started with a beet salad that she loved, and I had the Bambara wedge salad which I thought was very good. For the main course, my wife had chicken and shrimp over risotto. She thought the risotto was over cooked and the dish was under salted. She was underwhelmed by the dish. I had the Maine scallops, which were very good with interesting flavors, but I got only 4 half-dollar sized scallops for $38. The total tab including one glass of wine and tip came to $75 per person, not out of line for a really good dining experience but it just seemed high for what we got. I’d certainly recommend the place for the fine service and interesting flavors, but know it will be pricey.

nicole w, General Manager at Bambara, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Hello James L,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I am glad you enjoyed your service. I am sorry to hear we missed the mark on your entrees. This is great information for our chefs to know and I will be sure to pass this along.

We appreciate the feedback and we will wow you the next time you are in! Please email me at nicole.willis@bambara-slc.com and I would love to make you a reservation.

Hope to hear from you soon and take care!

Nicole W.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

One of the nicest places to eat in downtown SLC! I love to eat here and my out of town guests are always impressed. Food is exceptional.

Hello Gracetraveler2018,

Thank you for the kind review! So glad to read we are a restaurant you bring your guests too!

Hopefully see you soon,