There are many places to stay in Mindo but you would be missing out big time if you didn't stay here--it's the only place you should stay! This place is incredible! It is an absolutely breathtaking property and house. We were totally blown away--the house was even more amazing than the photos! The house and property are so peaceful and infused with love. It was spotless-extremely clean and they provided daily basic housekeeping (emptying trash and sweeping) which was very nice.
Marjorie and Nano thought of every possible detail you can imagine in a house and went above and beyond to make our stay incredible.
Here are just a few of the many details they thought of that made our stay special:
- local coffee provided-a total bonus!
- fully equipped kitchen with everything you can dream of-griddle for pancakes, blender, potato peeler, it was even stocked with some spices, sugar, and olive oil which we really appreciated. They provided all our water too.
- a TV room with bean bags, games and more than enough DVDs. It was such a treat for my kids to get to watch a movie every night. They also played most of the games too!
- shampoo, conditioner and soap in every bathroom.
- all windows were screened which was great as it meant we could leave them open at night for the breeze. We've stayed in a number of places without screens which means you can't leave the windows open.
- homemade mosquito repellant made from natural oils. (Seriously-they actually made it! We were so impressed!)
We can't say enough about how beautiful the house is. We wanted to live there!
We also loved that the house was solar and off the grid. Every aspect of the house and their grounds has a low environmental impact, which we found really inspiring. They have done a beautiful job with everything on their grounds--there is a gorgeous spring fed pool, a gazebo with hammocks and a table and chairs for eating or writing and even a badminton net! My girls had fun with that too.
They also offered us fresh eggs from their hens and three types of fresh lettuce from their garden.
We loved it so much we wish we had stayed more than 3 days.
It's easy to get to from town and not too far (we had a car but we walked to the butterfly farm and could have walked into town if our kids had been more up for it but it would be a longer walk to town.)
Marjorie and Nano are also happy to help direct you to whatever activities in town you ask about. We relied on them to tell us how to get to the things we wanted to do like the butterflies, waterfalls and gondola ride.
The final bonus was their kids. We have 6 and 8 year olds and our kids made fast friends with their 7 year old. They were almost inseparable for our stay there and that made it super special for my girls, not to mention easier for us parents that they had a friend to play with.
Seriously if you are going to Mindo, stay nowhere else but here!
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|
|Families with young children||Large groups|