“Wonderful tour of Mindo Cloud Forest with Richard Hernadez”

Mindo Nambillo Cloud Forest Reserve
Book In Advance
More Info
US$5,00*
and up
Mindo's Cable Car and Waterfall Sanctuary
Ranked #3 of 13 things to do in Mindo
Reviewed 6 May 2018

We booked this private tour the day before. Our hotel offered a tour to Mindo, but we wanted more control over the itinerary and didn't want to potentially be stuck in a large group. Plus, we wanted to do more than just drive by and see things. Richard is a certified naturalist and speaks English and Spanish. Since we didn't really plan on this trip in advance, we had several questions for Richard prior to finally deciding to book the tour. Richard always responded quickly to our emails and provided us with all needed information about the tour. He arrived at our hotel right on time, and demonstrated his extensive knowledge of Ecuador's flora and fauna immediately. We learned so much while visiting an orchid preserve, a hummingbird paradise, and a butterfly farm. We also opted to include the cable car ride, which was brief and fun. We wrapped up our day with lunch in Mindo town at a local establishment. Though Richard offered to take us to the Inty Nan museum (the equator museum), we opted to pass on that option. Richard checked in with us regularly and asked us what we were enjoying more/ less etc and based on our answers he told us about Antisana. Although it was not his intention, and not very convenient for him on such short notice, we were so intrigued by Antisana that we asked him if he could take us out to Antisana the next day. Richard made some arrangements to take us to Antisana the following day. We spent two great days with Richard seeing two very different parts of the Ecuadorian ecosystem. He sincerely strives to provide a quality experience for his clients. If you are looking for an experienced, reliable guide who will help you learn about and fully appreciate the natural beauty of Ecuador, from birds, and butterfly's to plants and frogs, we highly recommend both the Mindo forest and Antisana ecological reserve with Richard Herdandez.

2  Thank Heather F
"flora and fauna"
"canopy"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed 19 January 2018

To describe just how incredible mindo is, is really hard. I have been to many parts of the amazon rainforest and never saw half as much wildlife and fauna as I did in mindo. If you are a nature lover then you must go here.

I saw species of orchid I am never likely to see again, wild toucan in their natural habitat, one of the most endangered tree frog species in the world but most of all the local people are of really beautiful nature too. They are so proud and so helpful. I sadly told my purse in Mindo containing all of my money and credit cards and a local person found it and tracked me down to give it back. I was travelling alone through Ecuador and I was made to feel extremely safe and loved in this area.

Just so beautiful a total trip of a life time. I think this is my most favourite place I have ever visited in my whole life.

1  Thank Alison M
Reviewed 8 December 2017

We spent half a day walking around bird and flower watching in this wonderful natural park in Mindo. Things change rapidly from sun, to low clouds to rain to rainbows. Loved it but wear hiking gear

Reviewed 12 November 2017

The cloud forest is really nice for hiking from one waterfall to the next one.
You can spend a few hours here.
I would just skip the teleferico since it is really expensive for a 45 second-ride