“It' a drinking game - not a Wine tasting”
Review of La Casa Vieja

La Casa Vieja
Ranked #4 of 18 things to do in Tarija
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 10 May 2017 via mobile

We were placed in a small room about 20 people, who all had to share 1 glass of each wine, and if the last in line did not drink up they would get a punishment.
I guess it's pretty fun if that's what your looking for, but I came to taste wine and that was nearly impossible because the host kept telling us to hurry up and pass the glass.
I found it disgusting and humiliating.

1  Thank annettemn93

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

I had such a great time at Casa Vieja, I laugh so much while tasting wine. I will not tell you why I laugh so much because I don't want to ruin your experience. The wine might not be the best but the property is beautiful considering this is a 400 years old property.

1  Thank jannetc2017
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

The porch of casa vieja offers beautiful views of the vines backed by the shadowy outlines of the mountains. Our group also enjoyed the pollo picante and saice dishes served there, but if you're looking for high quality wine, Casa Vieja was not our favorite. Still a fun experience!

Reviewed 19 July 2016

Unique place! I enjoyed the group wine tasting....very entertaining! We didn't have time to eat lunch...but the food smelled and looked amazing.