Review Highlights
Fun!

Unique place! I enjoyed the group wine tasting....very entertaining! We didn't have time to eat... read more

Reviewed 19 July 2016
LArnez
Naples, Florida
Roast Pork with Crackling

You get two large chunks of pork (called Chancho en la Cruz) with choklo and salad. Incredibly good... read more

Reviewed 25 August 2018
Colin C
Sucre, Bolivia

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 February 2016

I really liked this place for the aesthetics - it's mud rubbed walls, hanging vines, a lady cooking over an open fire and then a dining area sheltered with a roof and with an open air view of a vineyard.

The place does get slammed with tours but I found it really lovely. The cool thing was that it's full of local Bolivian tourists.

The place struck me as super disorganized and it took me a while to figure out to order food and drink. Eventually I found out we had to turn right after we entered, buy some tickets and then give that to any of the nice waiter folk.

It's a bit of a drive from Tarija but a lovely little trip nonetheless.

So go and have fun!

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank JosephMcGhee
Reviewed 5 February 2016

the only thing that counts is money and selling there wine. You will come in a small group together with many other groups. Tasting the wine you will have to do with all these groups in a small room. Per type of wine there is only one glas. All have to take a zipp from the same glas. They won't aks you to take a position in the room but they will command you. They treat you as small children. It was humiliating. A very bad exampel for tourism. Spent you money somewhere else.

Date of experience: February 2016
1  Thank Kees H
Reviewed 23 October 2015 via mobile

I went to Tarija alone, so I decided to join a group wine tour. This was of the stops and easily one of my favorites. When you are there you get to try all their wines! They also have a restaurant with amazing views! The staff is also very helpful and sweet ! If you're in the area pay them a visit!

Date of experience: January 2015
Reviewed 5 October 2015

A must when you go to Tarija. Enjoy 11 or so cups of wine to taste, they go from the driest to the sweetest (my favorite). Make sure to save your money to purchase some bottles (in cash - Bolivianos). The wine here is produced by small farmers so you can taste the sweetness from the grapes vividly (Love iT). This place is also a restaurant, so I would advise visiting La Casa for lunch or dinner time and doing the tasting either before or after the meal.

Date of experience: September 2015
2  Thank Paola R
Reviewed 5 April 2015

This is reputedly the oldest vineyard in the Valle de la Concepcion. Having been on lots of guided wine tours in Chile and Argentina, I came here just for lunch overlooking the vineyards. Good food and a fairly decent glass of wine for 20 BOL. Don't expect tours as good as the ones in the larger wineries. You can get a minibus for 6 BOL from calle Corrado at the junction with a street between Campero and Gral Trijo in Tarija (there's a sign with Valle de la Concepcion at the minibus stop). The minibus will drop you outside the vineyard and you can get it back to Tarija from the town plaza (2 minutes walk from the casa).

Date of experience: March 2015