“Wish we had one in Ohio!”
Review of Monkeypod Kitchen

Monkeypod Kitchen
Ranked #5 of 50 Restaurants in Wailea
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wailea Ike Drive
Description: Monkeypod Kitchen by Merriman is a place where foodies, beer lovers, and families escape the stresses of their day-to-day lives by enjoying an ice-cold beer and a great meal while surrounded by people who consider them honored guests and friends. Our restaurants are founded upon a passion for craft and we are dedicated to mastering the craft of food, drink, and merrymaking...With Aloha! Our menu features fresh island fish, hand tossed pizzas from our kiawe wood-burning oven, and homemade cream pies made from scratch. Thirty-six craft beers are on tap, each served at an optimal twenty-nine degrees. Our culinary cocktails feature unique ingredients such as acai spirit, coconut water, and Kula lavender. Our passion for craft also extends to our diverse wine list, which emphasizes sustainability, drinkability and fun. Come join us at our communal table, with friends old and new, and learn what it's like to share our "Lucky Live Hawaii" story.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Ate at Monkeypod on 2 occasions during our trip. The Mai Tais are phenomenal! I can’t even begin to describe how good the Poke Tacos are! I’m a picky eater and loved them! They also have really good pizzas and gelato for desert. Did I mention they have an amazing happy hour!?!

Write a ReviewReviews (5 135)

53 - 57 of 5 135 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We keep trying Mai Tais but none compare to the ones at Monkeypod! They are amazing.Add to that the great range of appetizers and good prices for happy hour, then really good entrees, you can't go wrong at Monkeypod. It is very loud inside so we usually try to sit outside which has nicer atmosphere anyway. We keep on going back. A trip to Hawaii isn't complete without a trip to Monkeypod. One on Maui and one on Oahu that we know of.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I visited during our honeymoon. Monkeypod offers a variety of local and West Coast craft beers. They also have live music which was enjoyable and made for a great visit. We both ordered pizza which were both excellent. The prices were reasonable for Hawaii.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I ate here on our last night in Maui on our honeymoon. The ambiance is fun and we enjoyed the live music. We started out with the shrimp and mushroom potstickers which were really tasty, however, our entrees fell a little flat for us. The ahi tuna had major chewy fat striations (see picture) which is unforgivable for the price you pay. The flavors were there and portion size was large, but I literally had to separate the flesh of the fish from the fat to eat it. My husband had the chef’s special, snapper topped with lobster, which he felt was a little bland and lacking something. The raspberry mango sorbet and chocolate gelato were delicious, but you can get that anywhere. Overall not bad, but would not recommend the tuna. Maybe stick with what everyone else gets- the pizza and the happy hour drinks.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My husband and I ate here on our honeymoon after hearing all the hype. Our appetizer, the ravioli, was actually really good, however our entrees were definitely so-so. The atmosphere is def fun, and the place is usually pretty packed during peak hours. Might be worth trying, but don't go out of your way.

1  Thank bryanagalindo

Been to Monkeypod Kitchen? Share your experiences!