Book now, pay at stay
US$771
US$1 310
US$960
  • Beachfront
Andaz Maui At Wailea Resort(Wailea)
US$852
4 023
1 596
4 023
1 596
All reviewswater elevatornapua towerlazy rivergrand waileachapel wingrope swinghibiscus poolbistro molokinithe grand dining roomcafe kulaspa grandefour seasonspool areaadult poolper dayvalet parkingocean view
52 - 57 of 7 090 reviews
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A luxurious hotel that exceeded my expectations. The hotel was stunning, the staff was extremely friendly and helpful, the food was amazing, and our room, was absolutely perfect. We enjoyed just relaxing on the balcony and taking in the views. .

Review collected in partnership with Waldorf Astoria
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'll add my $0.02 to the mound of reviews on this large, action-packed, crowded, grand... whatever you call it resort. Just finished a 3 night stay here after spending time at the Kea Lani and the Montage. That mix of hotels in 10 days gives you perspective on the wide range of choices available to vacationers on Maui. On this trip we stayed in the Napua tower.

I've stayed here 4 times over the last decade and have enjoyed the last two trips with our young daughter who is now 6.

BOTTOM LINE: In my opinion if you're not traveling here as a family with kids under the age of 16 I'm not sure this is the place for you. Most of the activities center around the incredible, amazing and crowded pool area and if you're looking for quiet breezes and personalized service they're just not set-up for that. That said, if you're a family I'd spend at least 2-3 nights here on your vacation to enjoy the pool. It really is awesome.

Tips: I found the Napua tower to be a bit of disappointment. Booking at the last minute I paid $1275 which compared to $1450 at The Montage for a 1-bedroom ocean view condo is an extremely poor value. Even at a lower price I think the location of the rooms in the Napua Tower is not optimal. They're all directly above the open air lobby and the lobby bar. This means convenience but also noise at night - including live entertainment. Our room had a gap under the door that we stuffed with a towel but at $1200 a night that's nonsense. Also lots of slamming doors and folks going up and down the tile walkways. Ugh. In my opinion rooms in the CHAPEL WING are the best. Easy access to the pool and beach, less expensive, partial ocean views and quiet location at night.

The Details:
- It's huge. 750 rooms but immaculately maintained both inside and out. Given that it opened in 1991 this resort is the most current of the bunch in Kaanapali or Wallea. The original design has stood the test of time and I still don't think there is a more beautiful lobby in Hawaii than the one here.
- The rooms are nice but not 5-star. They keep renovating and updating and things are very nice but it's not overly luxurious. Beds are great. Climate control good. Baths not new but get the job done. Nice lanais on every room.
- Food very good. Bistro Molikini served great dinners - albeit not quite as good as a year ago in my opinion.
- Pool: awesome, amazing, memories for a lifetime for your kids. One of a kind place that really defines this hotel. Absent the pool it would not be the same.
- Service given the overall size the staff do a very good job of sharing Aloha with guests. Although personal isn't possible staff genuinely seem to enjoy their jobs and are customer focused.

Nit Picky Feedback:
- Finding shade without paying $300 to $600 per day to rent a casabella or cabana IS NOT POSSIBLE unless you are at the pool by 6:30am. This is NOT an exaggeration I assure you.
- Service could be faster at the pool. Takes 20-30 minutes for items to arrive and sometimes an equal amount of time to find your server. Feels like a staffing thing the resort could fix.

Room Tip: Chapel Wing all the way - best location at a reasonable price
9  Thank BiscottiCalifornia
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed at the Napu Towers at the Grand with our 14 member family for 10 days and it was nothing short of extraordinary. The concierge service and food for the breakfast, snacks, appetizers and chocolate decadence were fantastic and every member of the family loved it. We also hired the photo service to create memories for the family and the was also remakable.

Ryan

Room Tip: Stay at the Concierge Level (floor 8) at the Towers and get the convenience of the food room within a sort walk/
1  Thank 268darryl
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My husband, myself & our 2 children stayed at the Grand Wailea for 7 nights. It's was a beautiful experience all around. The grounds were breathtaking & the accommodations were abundant. We wanted to capture this beautiful time in our lives. We had the privilege of being photographed by Ana of Pacific Dream Photography & were beyond thrilled with the images that she campured of our family. There were so many beautiful photos, both fun loving silliness & more conventional family portrait poses. Many thanks to Ana for capturing our family vacation in such a special way.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is absolutely gigantic and not in a good way. Confusing and dated, cavernous mazes of hallways, ramps, and stairs - terrible if you will be using a stroller. Everything is so spread out in a really inefficient way. You’ll be spending a lot of time walking around trying to find things until you figure it out, if you ever do. Pool seemed fun but was incredibly busy and crowded as others have mentioned. The place just looked very heavily used - dirty carpet along the edges of the hallways, nicked up paint on the doors. We spent time at all of the resorts along the Wailea Beach area except the Fairmont Kea Lani (just didn’t get to it) and I honestly can’t understand how they pull off charging what they do - yes, the lobby, arrival area, and amenities are nice but spend a few minutes at each of the Wailea resorts and I’d be willing to bet this would be your last choice for overall vibe. All in all, it was just too much. Nothing seemed simple. Just too chaotic.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank AJS22
Grand_Wailea_3850, Director of Sales at Grand Wailea - A Waldorf Astoria Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Aloha AJS22,

Mahalo for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our resort. We promise our guests a singular Waldorf luxury experience, and we will use your comments to ensure that we are continually working to achieve that ideal. I sincerely appreciate your feedback, and I hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Mahalo,