“Most unorganised place EVER”
Review of The Time Capsule

The Time Capsule
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

I use to love this place but now they have made the lockers hi tec it sucks. Got in and tried 20+ lockers. One worked with the band key provided. Asked for assistance and they tried for a further 10 mins and still no luck. Then at last one became vacant and it worked. Organised caos with staff who are overwhelmed by the lockers not working and front door staff who don’t give a crap about your day being ruined.
Shocking experience with lots of people saying they won’t be back.
New lockers you can stick them.

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"waves"
in 46 reviews

Reviewed 3 February 2018 via mobile

Recently came here with friends. Very enjoyable water park and some relaxing areas for adults if travelling with children.

Loved the big slide, a lot of laughs, the tornado tantrum I think it was called. Only slight inconvenience was the lockers, there was some slight confusion with the bands, we had to get a staff member to help.

Wave machine was slightly disappointing, it’s called the Tsunami but it’s just like swimming in the sea. Perhaps in future add a big wave which covers everyone in future every few minutes?

Also loved the leisurely slides near the rapids.

Overall, fun for all the family. Good day out.

1  Thank heroicharry
Reviewed 1 February 2018 via mobile

Spent day here with kids and absolutely loved it.

Very clean and staff very helpful.

Small cafe after swimming went down a treat and very reasonable prices.

Only negative is more changing area is required but won't stop us returning.

1  Thank Bobby C
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

When I was 8 my mum forgot my birthday and I was 9/10 devastated, when I was 9 we were skiing In the Alps and my parents lost me for the day, upon finding me with frozen tears on my cheek they skelped my behind for getting lost - I was 9/10 devastated. None of these incidents prepared me for the great watch heist at this location. I was just a wee soul on my holidays looking for fun when someone told me about a place where the flumes were fast and the wave machines were wild and the diving boards were scary. A place where all your little boy dreams could come true and the adrenaline would flow through your veins like charged particles in the hadron collider. I was never much of a believer but as I left the changing rooms in my superman speedos I thought maybe heaven does exist. Just maybe. The time capsule was everything I imagined and more. The small Scottish island community I come from only had a pool with no flumes or wave machines, no diving boards and lots of plasters floating around it BUT on the other hand it had lifeguards who not only looked out for your safety but took care of your prized possessions. My prized possession back then was my gladiators watch I got from Santa with built in stop watch and compass, I'm not talking Russell Crowe gladiators, I'm talking wolf man, shadow, lightening, jet And of course the legendary John Anderson gladiators. I was such a dafty and I would always forget to take it off so would give it to the lifeguards on duty to guard it for me. And as always they would guard it without question and return it to me when I was leaving. However on this fateful rainy Wednesday afternoon during the February school holidays I entrusted my prize possession to a time capsule lifeguard. A mistake only to be understood by the Trojans. As they were fooled by a wooden horse, my downfall was the lifeguard badge of the Coatbridge local. He accepted my watch and promised to look after it. Once my day of fun came to an end I washed and changed before making my way to reception. I informed the girl at reception of the kind lifeguard who was guarding my watch, she left the room and returned with the lifeguard on duty, he glanced my way and with a look of guilt claimed he didn't know what I was talking about. At first I thought maybe he forgot so I reminded him in great detail of how I asked him to guard it for me as it wasn't waterproof and he accepted it. He then told the girl I was just a liar and he didn't have it, the girl told me just to fill in a complaint form and not worry about it. NOT WORRY!!!!!! It's been 22 years and I still see his smug wee liar face. I'm not mad with him anymore, I pity him that he had to rob a child and destroy his faith and trust in mainlanders all for a kids watch. I won't be taking any kids there ever again even though for 3 hours I was in heaven.

PS because of the time capsule, mainlanders have to work double hard for twice as long to gain my trust now.

B