“Mid morning Coffee break”
Review of One Cove Road

One Cove Road
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Gourock
Cuisines: Scottish, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Welcome to One Cove Road. We are an established and popular cafe bistro in Gourock, with stunning views over Cardwell Bay and the Firth of Clyde. Focusing strongly on quality local produce, we offer an extensive breakfast menu, light lunches and organic, fairtrade coffees and teas. We are especially renowned for our extensive range of artisan baking, produced daily on the premises. We are fully licensed, serving specialist wine and beer. Highly regarded for our service and style, a warm welcome awaits you at One Cove Road. 'Great Coffee and a Slice of Happiness'
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited today for coffee and scones. I ordered a treacle scone and my husband ordered a fruit scone. Both were served with 2 portions of butter and small jar of jam. I haven’t eaten a treacle scone since my early teenage years and these didn’t disappoint, they were fantastic. My husband also loved the fruit scone. The coffee was excellent and we also received a refreshing glass of cucumber flavoured water which was a nice touch. The service was excellent in this lovely cafe/Bistro and I look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is a nice place to have lunch or tea/coffee and cakes,staff very attentive with a great view out onto the water,worth seeking out or going out of the way to find if not local.

Reviewed 14 September 2018

We went as a family as we love our cheeses and cold meats and found the evening very disappointing. The cheeses that were selected were bland and the small bit of Parma ham does not constitute a selection of charcuterie. Where tuna mayonnaise comes into it I am unsure but it was there. There was no draft beer available only bottled which helped to inflate the bill. Disappointed in the whole evening.

Mariessa D, Owner at One Cove Road, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you for taking the time to visit us and to provide us with your feedback. Our draft beer company were no longer supplying the size of kegs we used, hence on your visit we could only supply bottles. We do not include tuna mayonnaise on our sharing platters, you would have had duck rillette or chicken terrine. We will use your feedback to help improve our offering. Thank you.
One Cove Road

Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

So many wonderful things to share - from the delicious egg ecosse to the beautiful view, cucumber infused water and the great play list. The best part was the earl gray eteaket tea - amazing!

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

Visited here for some lunch with my dad & son after a trip to Cardwell Park. The service was good & the waiter brought my son out some pages & crayons to occupy him, which was good. However, I felt the food was slightly over priced for what it was. I got a ham & cheese toastie which was literally just the toastie on the plate for over £5! A side of salad or crisps would have been nice perhaps, it just looked like it had been thrown on the plate. The atmosphere was relaxed & the scenery is 2nd to none but the food let it down for me

5  Thank elynch213