“Disappointing Easter Sunday lunch ”
Review of Three Horseshoes

Three Horseshoes
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Upon a friends recommendation myself and my family booked for Easter Sunday lunch. This will be the last time I book somewhere without researching first! Where do I begin, the staff and management at the three horses shoes are the most unwelcoming and rude staff I have ever come across. We waited well over 15 minutes to order drinks. When they were delivered to the table 3 out of the 5 drinks were wrong. Trying to get staffs attention was like getting blood from a stone. When our food order was eventually taken (by who I assume was some sort of manager) we were made to feel like a inconvenience for him which made us feel highly uncomfortable. The food we received was a very low standard and also half the veg was stone cold. We did not bothered with desserts as we felt very rushed and unwanted we paid our bill and left. A word of advise to chef and brewer please remind your staff that is actually the paying customer who pays their wages so try to be polite and welcoming. We shall not be returning here which is a shame as it has the potential to be such a beautiful pub

1  Thank dhardy83
Kevin C, General Manager at Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear dhardy83,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Three Horseshoes. I’m am very sorry to hear that you were let down by the team on your recent visit and if you would be so kind to email me your contact details, I would very much like to talk with you about your recent visit. My email is 6248@greeneking.co.uk

Warm regards Kevin

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lovely old pub, clean, comfortable and very welcoming with a good varied menu and tasting food. Service excellent

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
Kevin C, General Manager at Three Horseshoes, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear davesyer,

Thank you for leaving us a review on The Three Horseshoes. It’s great to hear that you love our pub as much as we do. Glad that you had excellent service and good tasting food. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A very enjoyable meal today with my husband. The staff very friendly and efficient. James, Ella, James, Nigel and matt are a very good team. The food was lovely and hot and very enjoyable. Thoroughly recommend this restaurant. Also caters well for families. Will definitely come again.

2  Thank Teresa T

Dear Teresa T,

Great to hear that you had an enjoyable meal on your recent visit to The Three Horseshoes. And it’s also lovely to hear that the team on duty looked after you so well. Thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards Kevin and the team.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A kitchen that clearly hasn't got a clue about the food they're supposed to serve. Welsh Rarebit that was burnt cheese on huge hunks of bread; prawn cocktail served prawns awash with water dressed with a vicious salad cream sauce, a caeser salad covered in vinagrette instead of ceasar dressing; triple-cooked chips that had barely been cooked once (let alone three times); halloumi in batter that was inedible nonsense. Appalling, dreadful food. It was a birthday lunch for somebody who was 86 - it was supposed to be a treat - to complain at the time would have spoiled their party and it didn't seem fair to do that. To complain would also, I suspect, have made no difference as there was clearly nobody in the kitchen who had a clue what good food (or even properly made food) looks like. The waiting staff were friendly and helpful but the whole experience was damned by the awful food. God knows what it cost our host but it was shameful that there was no oversight of what was leaving the kitchen that day. Given the cost of the meals it was unforgiveable that there was nobody with the wit or ability to prevent meals that were clearly sub-standard being served to paying customers.

4  Thank Jumblat123

Dear Jumblat123,

I’m very sorry and also disappointed to hear your feedback on your recent visit. If you would be so kind to email on 6248@greeneking.co.uk with some more details on your visit so I can investigate further. It’s really important to myself and team that we can get this feedback to help rectify what ever issues happen to make sure this is not repeated to any of our guests.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Excellent food and very nice atmosphere, lovely restaurant and staff very attentive and friendly. Will go back again

Review collected in partnership with Greene King
1  Thank garycrump1

Dear garycrump1,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Three Horseshoes and many thanks for your kind words. It’s great to hear that your food was excellent and was had in a nice atmosphere, and staff looked after you. Myself and team look forward to welcoming you back again soon.