All reviews sea view billiard room fresh milk seafood platter the pub dog friendly hotel real tea roaring fire car park real ale eggs benedict evening meal sea front standard room full english both nights ground coffee
Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We visited the red lion whilst visiting my friend who lives in Cromer. Luckily she knew to book as even at 18.30 it was almost full.
It is more expensive than other eateries but I can assure you it is worth every penny. My children were made most welcome.
The food from olives through to desert was delicious and I will certainly be returning. Staff were spot on attentive but not too much. Thanks all see you next time!

Date of stay: October 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2016

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you and your Family were made to feel welcome and you all enjoyed your Meals.

Thank you for your comments regarding our service, I have passed your review onto our Team for them to see.

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Stopped here for a drink acouple of evenings, very friendly staff plenty of comfortable seating. Really old fashioned pub set up. The only criticism, some of the drinks a bit pricey. Worth stopping off they have a dining area as well and I believe rooms also.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank graham c
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Thank you for leaving a review following your visit to The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and you found our Staff to be friendly.

Reviewed 26 September 2016 via mobile

A very warm welcome with the surprise of a complimentary deluxe room upgrade at this stalwart location on the north Norfolk coast.

Really friendly staff, great service, a comfortable room with a little balcony upon which to enjoy a drink while taking in the sea air. You can't quite see the pier, but some rooms do offer a sweeping vista along the shore.

We were given the hotel's deluxe room featuring beautiful period details including a sleigh bed, stunning fireplace, and this is juxtaposed with an elegant and modern bathroom offering you views of the sea from the bath! Big, fluffy towels and rainfall shower.

Nice touches like freshly ground coffee and leaf tea on the condiments tray - and plenty of storage room if you were planning to stay for a few days.

The downstairs bar and restaurant prides itself on local produce. A good menu and a wide selection of ales, beers and spirits... many again from local suppliers.

You wake up to the sound of the sea, followed by an amazing cooked breakfast, great choice of continental treats and even the chance to mix your own Bloody Mary - vodka optional!

Will happily return.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent stay at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay in Room 7 and loved everything the room had to offer.

Thank you for your comments regarding our Food and Service - I have passed your review onto our Team for them to see.

Reviewed 21 September 2016 via mobile

The Red Lion Hotel has a lot of charm, friendly staff and great accommodation. I arrived, with a friend and his dog after walking over one hundred miles in five days, along the Peddars Way and Norfolk Coastal Path. I was very glad to get there.

The bar and lounge areas are really lovely and would be a great place to hunker down with a good book on a winters day. There are views directly onto the sea and the pier. It's a great location.

We were met by our wives and our double rooms were both freshly decorated and came with en suite bath and shower rooms - we needed those!

Breakfast was good, hearty and welcome and the staff really looked after us each morning. Even the old dog was given a free sausage every morning.

The bar was very well managed, with well kept beers that changed routinely so that local ales could be sampled.

The Red Lion occupies a good spot and a fine building with both character and history. Everywhere was spotlessly clean and the beds were dead comfy.

I would definitely have given the Red Lion fives stars, but for the restaurant. We had just one evening meal there and although the couple with us enjoyed their meals, my wife and I were not too impressed. Also, the menu was a bit limited.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2016

I am pleased you all enjoyed your Rooms and you had a comfortable stay with us.

Thank you for your comments regarding our Breakfasts and Service - I have passed your reviews onto our Team for them to see.

We have just changed our Main Menu which we feel offers a lot of choice with fresh products and ingredients.

Reviewed 20 September 2016 via mobile

We were in Cromer for a 21st birthday weekend. It was a mixed party with people of different ages and tastes. The Red Lion did not disappoint.I booked a party of 9 plus a dog for a 21st birthday Sunday lunch. The person who took the the booking immediately filled me with confidence. He was enthusiastic, said they would decorate the table and clearly pleased to take my booking. As promised the table was duly decorated with banners and candles. The staff were engaged,enthusiastic attentive and looked like they enjoyed working at the Red Lion. Our party ordered a variety of mains roast beef, seafood platter, burger. All were beautifully presented and delicious. The seafood platter was sublime. A lovely surprise was when deserts arrived the waitress presented the birthday boy with a candle in his and gleefully joined in the singing of happy birthday. Do order the banoffee - it was off the scale. It was a great choice of venue. Can't wait to return. It was a really special birthday lunch.

Trip type: Travelled with family
KirstyAbraham, General Manager at The Red Lion, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for leaving a review following your recent Celebratory Lunch at The Red Lion, Cromer.

I am pleased you and your Guests enjoyed your Meals (especially the Seafood Platter) and the Birthday Boy had a great 21st birthday.

Thank you for your comments regarding our Staff - I have passed your review onto our Team for them to see.