“family evening meal”

Hostal Restaurante Loreto
Ranked #179 of 527 Restaurants in Denia
Cuisines: International
Reviewed 17 August 2017

nice cheap location on calle loreto, dont be fulled by the cheap prices the food is excellent and good service. nice place to sit on an evening and watch the world pass by

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

Visited here twice on my recent trip, the offer of the day is very good value for your euro, large branded gin and tonic for 3.75 euro, half a beer for 1 euro, the offer changes at the weekend and basically it's on the outside board, I had a very nice 5 dish tapas meal for 20 euro which included prawn and steak dishes very enjoyable

Reviewed 6 July 2017

It all started so well and ended in tears. I was staying at the Hostal Loreto next door and arrived on the Monday afternoon and that evening as I was tired, I opted to eat outside at the Loreto restaurant. I ordered the set tapas menu which was 12 euros and a bottle of wine. The service was good, the food was OK, but nothing special and the waiter recommended a decent bottle of red wine. So far so good I thought. The following day I took advantage of a special being a resident and it was good. Salad to start and steak and potatoes to follow and although the steak was undercooked I did not complain for 10 euros it was very good value. Things went badly wrong however on the Wednesday evening when I ordered the very same tapas set menu as before and was told very rudely by the waitress "two person only". I was very confused and so complained about this to the hotel. I was again told that this menu was only for two people and asked for an explanation as to why I was served it on the Monday. Eventually without me ordering anything half portions began to arrive all at the same time. To be honest with all the hassle I had lost my appetite and gave the food to a local old lady who was always begging on the street. I then paid my 12 euros without a tip and left to go elsewhere. This is a confusing issue and needs to be cleared up for solo travellers. The menu at the Loreto if you order separate dishes is expensive compared to other restaurants on 'tapas alley'. I certainly would not recommend. You can get better quality for less elsewhere.

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We stayed here on our first visit to Denia four years and liked itso much we bought an apartment and now live here. The whole atmosphere, location, staff and food are great. Thanks.

Reviewed 30 September 2015

One of our regular tapas restaurants , we visit Spain and denia every few weeks for a few days break and use this restaurant on most visits. great assortment of dishes. Love the Russian salad . Lush bread. Fish meat veg all good. Plenty of choices . Great value. Chocolate cake to die for. Friendly staff . Sit back. Eat drink and watch the world go by. What more can you ask ?