“Dinner With Friensa”
Review of Ban thai Tuktuk

Ban thai Tuktuk
Ranked #118 of 527 Restaurants in Denia
Reviewed 9 March 2018

Now I was not a fan of Thai food restaurants, far too little for far too much was my impression, but my wife loves them, mind you, she does not pay.

This place though was different, lovely spicy food, decent sized portions and cheap house wine. It is a small place so booking is reccommended. It is open most lunchtimes and most evenings so best to check.

We had four starters and shared and they were all great but a salad we had was magnificent with loads of flavour. My main course too was brilliant but my memory is going and I can't remember its name. Well worth a visit though.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Walked past a few times having said we must visit and finally did. Great service and the food was excellent. I understand the previous reviewer saying about the atmosphere which maybe could be enhanced with a bit of Thai background music. However there was four of us and we had a great time. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has gorgeous Thai food and a great menu but there is no atmosphere, my wife described it as sitting in someone's living room. It's too light, they could do with some background Thai music and it would help if the waitress didn't sit there playing games on her iPad. Having said this, its spotlessly clean and nicely decorated. If you're looking for a Thai restaurant specifically for great food you can't go wrong here, if you're on a date or want a romantic evening then this isn't the restaurant for you.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

A couple of times the staff made little mistakes such as forgetting to serve a particular drink (or taking a bit long to supply it). One of us ordered a dish with beef but when it came there was no beef in it. Once pointed out they were most happy to immediately rectify the situation though. I myself had ordered a dish which had two spicy pepper symbols next to it, as I was in the mood for something with a bit of a kick. Some dishes have four peppers but I thought that would be a bit too much. When my dish came and I tasted it though, I didn't find it spicy at all, so I pointed that out. The dish was taken back to the kitchen and shortly after came back the same way with a small bowl of something on the side which I could use to make it more spicy. I completely misjudged the situation and proceeded to put the entirety of the little bowl in my dish. Big mistake! The first bite was very nice, yum yum. But the spice doesn't completely kick in right away. I ended up having to beg for a glass of milk in order to cool the fire that was raging on my tongue and lips. I still absolutely loved it though. Very very tasty. Next time I should not be so dumb to put the whole spicy bowl in my food. Overall we had a good time here. The food was great and the staff was friendly. The place is nicely decorated as well.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Great food in a small thai restaurant in Denia. Slightly slow waitress if there are a few tables already and you want to reorder a drink but the food is worth the waiting