“Vegan, yes! Worth it? No.”
Review of Glory Doughnuts

Glory Doughnuts
Ranked #2 of 6 Bakeries in Frederick
Reviewed 28 June 2018

I am always thrilled to find a new vegan place, so I was excited to find this place relatively close to home. I got a delicious doughnut and an entree, and my non-vegan teenager throughly enjoyed his doughnut, too. Counter workers were friendly enough.

The entree, however, was awful. It was a hot dog with some kind of jalapeno chips all over it. The guac was runny, the chips were awful, the whole thing fell apart and, after a few bites, I actually tossed it in the garbage. It just wasn't worth eating.

The doughnuts were very, very good. But ONE doughnut COST $3.50! I don't think there is a doughnut on the planet that is worth $3.50. Between the ridiculous cost and the 'meh' factor, this is not somewhere I want to go again.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I tried this place for breakfast. We each had a doughnut coffee and an entree. The doughnuts we tried were 1. blood orange and 2. key lime. They had several other interesting flavors too. Each is made in small batches so when they're out they're out for the rest of the day.

For my entree I ordered huevos rancheros and my wife ordered a stuffed french toast. Both were delicious and we both shared each others and were quite happy. So great place, right? Yes, but here are my two complaints one small and one that to me was a huge miss. You can decide for yourself if I'm being over critical.

First the small miss. It's a very very very small place. Every time an order was ready a woman would step out of the kitchen and yell at the top of her lungs "ORDER UP!" We had the unfortunate luck to be sitting at a table closest to the kitchen so she was literally screaming in my ear each and every time she did it. Again, the place is small. No need to scream sweetheart, everyone will hear you.

Ok, now the big miss. Breakfast wasn't inexpensive, as two doughnuts two entrees and two coffees with 15% tip was pushing $40. I'm the kind of person that doesn't mind paying for a good meal, which this was. Here's the rub. I drank my first cup of coffee while eating the doughnut. When my entree arrived, I was ready for a second cup. When I asked, I was told it would be a dollar for a refill. REALLY ARE YOU JOKING??? No, they weren't joking. So I paid the dollar but seriously on a commercial basis a whole pot of coffee costs between 15 and 25 cents. We originally paid 1.75 per cup. Was it really necessary to charge a dollar for the refill? Dumb dumber dumbest move.

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

Glory Doughnuts definitely lived up to all the hype! Finally made it in for brunch. The BBQ Tofu Club, Sweet Potato Mac 'n Cheese, and the Fried Ravioli were all great! ALL of the doughnuts were fantastic (we bought at least 1 of each flavor.) Fast, friendly, and efficient team.

Reviewed 16 March 2018

I searched vegan places near Damascus, and found this place. I went there on a Sunday around 1pm. When we got there, parallel parking was easy to find right in front of the restaurant. The place is small, and it gets crowded... but that's the price to pay for really good and healthy food.
There were a few donuts left, so I got two chocolate donuts with marshmallows, and 2 sugar twists. They were amazing! So soft and yummy. Definitely worth the drive. Best donuts I've ever had.
We sat down to eat as well. My husband ordered the stuffed shells, and I ordered the wonton burger. I loved the flavors, the ingredients were fresh. I will return no doubt.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

This place has the most amazing donuts, but I've seen the line halfway down the street. They often sell out. If you can manage to get their donuts, do it!