See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2016

My stay at Hotel Carmen in Almuñécar was perfect! The room was tidy and clean, the staff was very friendly and the food was delicious. The hotel is located next to a beautiful park and within a few minutes walking from the sea. I would definitely recommend anybody visiting this beautiful little seaside village to stay at this hotel, as it has everything you need for a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Friendly staff, clean and large room, we found the Hotel Carmen very well priced for a quick one night stop over. The shower was was hot and powerful but the bed wasn't very comfortable. But it was good value for money! We were on the ground floor and there was a little street noise till midnight, but it is Spain and that will happen wherever you are. There seemed to be an older crowd at the Hotel Carmen and I would really recommend this place to anyone looking for a wild time or those who intend on coming back to the hotel very late, noisy and drunk.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 September 2015

Very well situated on main street but very quiet so no disturbed sleep. Rooms spacious & very clean, good housekeeping.
Hotel i would say is equal distance from beach & night life , no more than ten minutes walk either way.
Hotel staff very friendly,but as i can't speak Spanish they don't speak English but we managed to make our selves understood with much laughter,
all in all a very good and cheap priced hotel,would stay again

• Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

I loved my stay at Hotel Carmen. The service was amazing.I loved the fact that if you need something from housekeeping, all you to do is just dial a number and they will bring it to you. They already know our room number. Anything you need from the hotel it was given to me. The hotel is beautiful. I love the fact that the hotels has marble floor.Also, I love the fact that staff speak English for the people who know little to no Spanish. The hotel has great amenities like contemporary breakfast, a pool, free wifi, room service, a computer and telephone if needed in the lobby. The only problem is I did not know the elevator would be so small. It only fits like 3 people if you do not have a lot of luggage.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 January 2015

This hotel is very well situated for all amenities. Although it is a small hotel the bedrooms are spacious with a good size .. It is very clean. The food which is a buffet is good but not a lot to choose from. It was one meat dish one fish dish although there was plenty of it. No desserts only fresh fruit and lets be honest when on holiday we all like a nice dessert. Breakfast was typically Spanish no eggs or bacon but again plenty. The staff were all very helpful. There is no parking. Would definitely stay again but on a bed and breakfast basis.

• Stayed: January 2015