All reviews bistro staff hotel is very conveniently located the cheesecake factory indoor pool and hot tub cobb galleria cab fare parking garage business trip ball park the maintenance man customer service was excellent check in was quick and easy nice pool braves game nice stay an older hotel beds were very comfortable
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The hotel was clean, the staff was helpful and well mannered. It was a nice stay over all. The pool area and work ouy areas were clean and nice. The restraunt inside the hotel was pretty overpriced but I am not sure if that is a seprate entity. Over all it was a great experience, especially with a large event happening. They also had a free shuttle taking us to and fro, very convenient! I am going to use this hotel next time I am in town!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2018

This is a large Courtyard property. I have stayed at a lot of Courtyards over the years and most are three stories, this one comes in at eight. It also has an adjacent parking ramp.

Check in went fine and the property is nice and in good repair. Our 3 rooms were comfortable and functional. The cleanliness was okay, but with a few stray hairs in the bathroom, it could have been a touch better.

We did have a problem with the shuttle service they offer however. We had checked a couple of different times and were told, for the Braves games, the shuttle would drop us off at the pedestrian bridge by the mall before the game and pick us up there after the game.

Before the game, we went to the front desk and a nice lady, who I suspect was not the shuttle driver, drove us to the pedestrian bridge in the hotel shuttle. She gave us 3 cards with their number on it and told us to call when we wanted to get picked up.

We attended the day game and when it was over, we called the hotel. I was informed that the shuttle driver had called off of work and there was nobody to send to pick us up. In our party, we had our father who is in his 70's. We are from Minnesota and a long walk in the southern heat was not in the cards for us.

We took a cab back to the hotel and my dad presented the front desk clerk with the $8 receipt for reimbursement. He was told the shuttle was not guaranteed and they would not reimburse him.

The way we see it is that there are problems that the hotel can and cannot control. Issues like water main breaks or cable outages are beyond the hotel's control and a reasonable person would not hold them against the hotel. However, proper staffing to ensure the hotel is able to meet their stated service offerings is well within their control.

I have been in management for two decades. When an employee calls off, I call another employee to take their place. If I cannot get someone to come in...guess what? I, or another member of management comes in to fill the opening.

Needless to say, the fact that they would not reimburse such a small cab fare leaves a bad taste in my mouth and I would not recommend that someone stay at the property when there are so many other options nearby.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Bob F
Kevin P, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to provide us your feedback here on TripAdvisor. The response that you received from a member of my team is not who we are and should not have been the message that you were given. I can assure you that we do go out of our way to accommodate our guest's needs regardless of what internal issues we may be facing. Specifically as it relates to our hotel shuttle, everyone plays a role in providing this service to our guests and that even includes myself, the GM.

Since the Braves moved to our neighborhood last year, we have been working closely with Cobb County Transit to provide a service for our guests at no charge. Consider the demand of a 10 passenger shuttle van for an event this large. We were unable to ensure everyone's satisfaction. Therefore, we were thrilled when the CCT did implement a complimentary shuttle service to and from the Park and this should have been the message that you should have been given.

I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that we caused you and your family and I hope you will consider us again in the future to prove to you the level of service we typically provide here at our hotel. Thank you again for your business and for your feedback.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

Here's what I loved: Convenient location and shuttle service within three miles, safe, comfortable bed, cool & funky sofa in the king rooms, decent breakfast (not included), nice lobby, helpful day staff, Rashad who is clearly the hotel's renaissance man is awesome.

I didn't love how small and cramped the room was, there was a balcony but I could not access it, and there is absolutely no soundproofing whatsoever so I could hear EVERYTHING in the hallway and neighboring rooms. Kinda awkward.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Allison T
Kevin P, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate all your positive comments about our hotel and our associate Rashad. He really is a very dedicated individual who represents us well. I will be sure to recognize him for his outstanding effort.

I do regret to see your comments about the size of the room, accessibility to the balcony and sound travel. During our recent renovation, we did consider adding additional items in the room to help absorb outside noise but it's impossible to eliminate it all together. I do apologize any inconvenience that this caused you in getting the rest and relaxation that you came here to get.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and please let me know if there is anything that I can assist you with in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

My husband and I traveled to Atlanta to see a Braves game. Arrived late in the afternoon, in a hurry to get to the stadium. Our check in was quick and easy. Rashad,(front desk clerk) answered every question we had about how to get to the stadium on a bus route. In the end he ended up taking numerous guests in the Courtyard van because the bus did not come! Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. We did not eat at The Bistro but it looked good. Will stay there again for the next game we attend. Thanks Rashad!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jfb57
Kevin P, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and provide this wonderful review of your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I enjoyed reading your positive comments about the hotel but especially proud of the service that Rashad provided you. I will certainly be sure to recognize him in front of his team and reward him for representing me, our hotel and Marriott is such a positive way. Again, thank you for your kind words and for staying with us here at the Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria. Come back and see us soon.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Easily the best hotel I've stayed in for a while!! I'm travelling around the east coast of America with my boyfriend and this has been the best hotel so far.

Ben (long, dark hair) at the front desk is a legend!! When we arrived my boyfriend left his phone in the uber, and Ben was straight in with the help, advice and recommendations!! He kept us calm and collected. (We later retrieved the phone FYI)

The hotel itself is lovely, food (snacks) downstairs to buy as well as chilled drinks and frozen meals and ice cream!! They also had a microwave that you could use. You could buy the food there and then or charge it to your room. They also had a few travel essentials for sale too!!

Although we didn't have time to use it, the pool and gym looked amazing!

After a day out the next day we saw Ben again! He recognised us, asked us how our day was and also recommended a place to eat for us- the hotel is very chill about ordering food there. Ben went above and beyond for us and was genuine, very approachable and kind! The Guy needs a pay rise.

Would recommend this hotel to anyone. The room is lovely and the bed is divine, very spacious. The bathroom and shower is great and so is the TV!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Don G, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Cumberland/Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Atlanta Cumberland Galleria Courtyard. It is so wonderful to hear about your experience with us. Ben will be excited to know that he was able to provide you with such memorable service.