“I won't ever eat here again”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #639 of 4 114 Restaurants in Atlanta
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had to wait to get seated as no one was at the hostess podium. We saw a server clearing a table that had her mouth completely full of food, chewing vigorously. I assume she got the mouth of food from the back before coming out to clear the table. Anyways we got sat at a table. Waited forever for our server and finally had to ask someone. It was Charlene. We could see Charlene in the back whenever the doors were opened to the kitchen, just standing there talking. She comes to our table and the first thing out of her mouth was, "how long do you have?" Not hello, not sorry to keep you waiting while I was talking in the back, just was rude. So we ordered and she says, oh you have plenty of time as the food normally comes out in 10 minutes. They need a manager there to watch Charlene and the other servers as all they do is talk in the back, talk at the hostess podium, talk anywhere and everywhere. And they are not talking about how great their lives are, they are talking about how they hate working with other workers, etc.
We tried to put pepper on our food once it came and the pepper shaker was empty. I asked my friend I was with to reach over to the table next to us that no one was seated at to get that pepper shaker. Charlene saw us doing that and came over and asked if there was a problem. We told her the pepper was empty and since she was busy talking we were getting it ourselves. She then said to put the empty one at the other table and walked away. Knowing that there was now an empty pepper grinder there! Why wouldn't she fill it? Oh wait, because she was too busy talking with the hostess and another server at the podium.
We were there on June 26th at about 11:30am. Manager needs to be there at this time, or better yet sit across from the restaurant and watch.
I will say that we were next to the bar. The 2 bartenders were super engaged with their customers at the bar, they were friendly, they smiled. We were jealous as Charlene never smiled, never was courteous or nice. We would sit at the bar if we ever had to go in there again.
Then a table of 3 was seated behind me. It only took like 10 minutes for them to start complaining about why do they not have waters yet, why has the server not come over yet, and lo and behold their server was Charlene! I told them to get used to it and hoped they weren't in a hurry.
The table of 2 that was sat behind my friend got a different female server. They were told that the soup of the day was loaded potato. That would have been nice to know, but Charlene doesn't share those kinds of things I guess.
The tri tip steak was decent, the salad with chicken was so-so.
People travelling in airports don't have all day to sit and wait for a lazy server.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This mini version of Longhorn is short on space but it creates an intimate setting so that friendly conversations can occur. Two tables of travelers and myself engaged in fun chit chat over food and drinks while waiting to board different flights; People are interesting. So, just take seats wherever, even at the bar if you want to get in, because it stays busy. They do a great job servicing guests and getting food out fast, hot, and fresh. Be mindful of boarding time when you order or arrive earlier so you won't be rushed. No worries, box and bag leftovers, you can bring it on board with you now. Good job, Longhorn!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Stuck at ATL for 7 hours last night. The place looked busy so I figured it was good. I had to wait a few minutes for a seat but I was so impressed by the crew because they all pitched in to clean tables and seat people. Very friendly and they moved FAST. The Napa grilled chicken was delicious and more than I expected from an airport restaurant. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

I was stuck In the airport all day so I had lunch and dinner here.Gwendolyn was my server both times and she made my extended stay very pleasant.She was very nice and helpful....I enjoyed her service.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

The food was excellent! The service is decent for as busy they are. It's a very busy place though. Looks like a mini version of the real thing.