“Will eat here anytime in Atlanta”
Review of OK Cafe

OK Cafe
Ranked #37 of 4 263 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: Diner, Deli
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It is easy to get to, in a strip mall with a Publix. We went for lunch. I had the country fried steak with sausage gravy. SOOOO good. Definitely you will want to get this. I was super disappointed though that we were there on a Sunday and they didn't have any fried green tomatoes. Apparently they only have them on Mondays and Thursdays now. So go on one of those days. I got the blueberry cobbler. The dough on top just wasn't that good but the insides were great. Also good service.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

Just down from the Georgia Governor's Mansion and History Museum is a restaurant which has been a family favorite since 1988. It is just as wonderful now as then with fresh, authentic southern fare, topped off with gracious southern hospitality. I love the four vegetable plate. Their squash souffle is so good, I have gotten two servings before. And in season, their "lady peas" are like my grandma used to make. Add big glasses of ice idea (sweet or unsweet), and you have a delicious culinary experience. We haven't lived in Atlanta since the late 90s but we do NOT miss visiting here for at least one (sometimes two or three) meals. It is a wonderful family tradition.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Wonderful experience here, country fried steak and chicken was superb. Chicken used to only be available on Sunday, but is now all the time. The cobbler for desert was fresh and tasted great as well. Definitely worth a visit, excellent service and price is decent.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

This place is so unassuming that its easy to pass it by for fancier places, but that would be a mistake! I love the decor and the atmosphere is so comfortable. Its very clean and well maintained- in fact, the bathroom was the cleanest I've ever seen. Now, for the food - words cannot do justice because everything was so delicious! I had the trout almondine and my husband had the chicken pot pie, both perfect! All the sides were great. This place knows how to do southern cooking!! I must also mention how friendly and competent all the servers are.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

I've driven by many times, but after 40+ years in Atlanta, I went for the first time last week. First, gazpacho was one of their specials that day. This was the best gazpacho I've ever had. Bright, beautiful, bursting with flavor. The portion was very generous. Their squash souffle . . . well, it was better than mine! Just excellent. Black-eyed peas were cooked well and flavorful. I like my collards chopped more than these were, but the flavor was there. I also like my collards served in a bowl, not on the plate, along with the "likker." The muffin . . . well, it was dessert. We arrived at 11:25 am and were seated immediately. But when we left, the entire waiting area was packed. So go early.