“Go for the dessert”
Review of Buckhead Diner

Buckhead Diner
Reserve with OpenTable
Buckhead Diner is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #104 of 4 310 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$14 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Diner, Deli
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Peachtree
Description: Buckhead Diner is an American dining experience unlike any other. Inventive and long-time favorite menu items, snappy service, upscale atmosphere and retro style give this Atlanta icon a funky flair all its own. The fun menu and energy-packed atmosphere give guests a taste of nostalgia that’s always in style.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We wanted something small, so we stopped in for dessert. Brandon was our server and he was great. He was nice, friendly, quick service. Ask for Brandon. I got the coffee and donuts sundae. BUT I got vanilla ice cream in it instead of coffee ice cream and I got strawberry syrup. I just don't like coffee ice cream and they don't have a plain strawberry sundae. The small donuts were good in it too.
My friend got the peaches & cream dessert. A super good, velvety creamy silky melt-in-your-mouth custard that has peaches on top. They seemed to be canned peaches, being in Georgia I was surprised. Also they were big slices of peaches. They should at least have the peaches diced because the way they serve it, makes it difficult to slice them in the dish.

We went also another day and got a burger and fries to go. Fries were way over cooked, super hard, burger over cooked. So go for the dessert!

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Amazing deal! Went for lunch and was not disappointed! Amazing choices of appetizers - loved blue cheese chips & shrimp rolls. Main entree that rocked were Salmon and Hanger Steak! Desserts cannot go wrong with banana pie or chai creme brulee! Service fantastic!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We have been going here for 30 years. They have a special now, 3 course dinner for $ 30.00, which is a good deal. make reservations, they still are busy from 6 to 8 pm.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I have had good meals here in the past and was very much looking forward to another good experience, but alas my meal here was just okay and the service lacking. For starters we ordered the calamari and macaroni and cheese tots with truffle sauce. The calamari was good and the tots were okay. The entrees were fish and chips and mahi with pepper sauce over sweet potatoes. The French fries served with the codfish were not hot, more room temperature and the dish was very greasy. We needed water to rid the palate of the heavy grease but we had finished the waters halfway through the appetizers and no more was offered. Finally we took the empty glasses to the bar and waited until we could get the bartender’s attention and she filled them. When our waitress finally returned we asked for a pitcher of water since it was clear she had not noticed that our glasses needed refilling and even at the point when we asked one of us had about half a glass and the other less than a fourth of a glass. She provided the pitcher and I am not sure if she ever understood why we asked. Malt vinegar was offered but by then we had given up on eating the fish and chips. The mahi was a bit better but not much so we left having eaten only about a quarter of both plates. We did like the sourdough bread and butter we were served. There are so many places to dine in this area and we have decided to take this one off our list.

1  Thank BeingGreen
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

I organized a birthday dinner for my husband last Saturday evening for 18 friends. This was planned ahead with Michael, a Manager and he went out of his way to help me plan a menu with lots of options for our guests- and had a personalized menu with a title on it with my husband's name and "birthday celebration". The food and service- thanks to another Michael, a long time waiter there, was pure perfection! All our guests raved about the food and service! My husband loved his birthday dinner!

Date of visit: June 2018

Been to Buckhead Diner? Share your experiences!