“Pretty good. See the "tip" at the end of the review.”
Review of The Colonnade

Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighbourhood: Morningside - Lenox Park
Reviewed 28 June 2018

So we met a friend here. I had the chicken tenders and 2 sides, a salad and fried okra. The tenders were cooked too long so they were dry. The salad and fried okra were really good. I got a free small dish of ice cream afterwards.
One friend got the chopped steak and one got the crab cakes. Both said they were good.
Here is the tip: Get seated before 6:30pm and order off the Early Bird menu and it has good prices and you get the free included dish of ice cream! I do not know if it is 7 days a week or not, but it is on a Monday (when we were there).

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

This restaurant really delivers! I would describe the menu as “southern,” with fried selections and delicious gravies. As a true southerner myself, I give their sweet tea an A+. The service was great and graciously handled our party of fourteen in a very busy lunch hour. This restaurant is known for the filming of Hollywood movies. Excellent choice and we will be back!

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Great local place to eat and even for those from out of town. My wife and I took a friend from Australia just for the fried chicken, side dishes and the nicely poured adult beverages from the bar. Service was super, very friendly and helpful. Eclectic clientele just made the evening more fun. Watch out though for the daily specials. I tried one of them once and i will stay with the tried and true.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Don’t let anyone tell you the Colonnade has good food! It is mediocre at best. On recent night had chicken livers that were OLD, dry and cold. Know they were holdover from lunch. Sides equally disappointing
But, few go to Colonnade to eat. They go to drink, see OLD Atlanta (and I mean age-old) and partake in ol’ South dining...1950’s style. The waitstaff has been there forever and very pleasant, generally. Wish I could say same for cashier
Why go? Early bird meals! Easy parking! An Atlanta institution. But have no expectations of fine dining!

Reviewed 28 April 2018 via mobile

What restaurant survives 91 years? Better be fantastic!
Here was our Saturday lunch:
We each had a salad. cornbread. rolls, a soft drink, another side dish, and a main dish. One of us had grilled fish and the other grilled chicken. A dessert also came with our meals, but we were so stuffed we declined. Each meal was only $13. What an unbelievable deal!

Been to The Colonnade? Share your experiences!