“Date night”
Review of Chops Lobster Bar

Chops Lobster Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Chops Lobster Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 4 118 Restaurants in Atlanta
Price range: US$21 - US$200
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: An Atlanta icon known for its exceptional food and service, Chops consistently ranks as one of the top ten steakhouses in the country. Exquisite seafood flown in fresh daily and the very best USDA prime aged beef are served with style in the warm ambiance of the dark wood dining room. Whether you’re dining for business or pleasure, a meal at Chops is sure to make a lasting impression.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Mindy and I had dinner and it was tremendous. We have been here before but this again was a new experience. The waiter was excellent with plenty of knowledge of their offerings. The Lobster Bisque is one of the best I have had. It is thick and tasty. I had the Hong Kong dish of Salmon and Sea Bass. I was not disappointed. Mindy had Crab cakes and they were very nice. She also had a Caesar Salad which was great. They have a full bar and a very nice wine bar. Loved the evening.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We went to Chops for a special event, a wedding anniversary, and they did a very good job of saying "Happy Anniversary"...….perhaps too often but that's OK. I have been searching for why I can't rate Chops as a "5" and I keep coming back to I've had better and in municipal Atlanta.

The wine list was very good, good selection by the glass, some half bottles, a decent dessert wine menu (although no vintage port) and an excellent selection of a broad range of 750 mL bottles. We had an excellent bottle of valpolicella ripasso that our waiter had to check to see if it was a ripasso, which he did, so a gold star for service.

The menu was very good with multiple offerings in all categories. The cold lump crab "cake" was a collection of lumps of crab meat - sweet, succulent - with remoulade and cocktail sauce (I preferred the cocktail sauce, the wife preferred the remoulade). My fried lobster tail was disappointing.....I've had better ……..but not something to complain about. My wife's filet mignon was a nice piece of meat, slightly over-cooked but still within reason...…..but I've had better and didn't have to drive ITP.
Side dishes were creamed spinach (I can't judge) and potato "tots" which were fine but not exciting. Prices were a little high but within reason.

Service was spot on, flat out excellent, with more than enough staff to make sure everything was done well. It was a bit on the noisy side, OK for a business meal , which is what it looked like for much of the clientele, but not an intimate dinner for two.

For me a "5" rating means I've had such a good experience that I'm waiting for the next visit. A "4" is someplace where we had a good experience and would return to but I would not seek it out. That's where I am with Chops; we had a good meal, and I would return.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I have dined at Chops twice now in the last year, and while the food remains excellent, our experience with servers has been hit or miss.

Our first time at Chops (the upstairs restaurant), we had an early reservation and were promptly seated. It took a while for our main server to arrive at our table, but once we got our drinks order in, things went a lot smoother. We ordered the appetizer lobster tail, the 8 oz filet, and a couple of vegetable sides, including creamed spinach. The lobster tail is divine, and the steaks were perfectly cooked. The spinach, while delicious, was more like a very thick, creamy soup. We were quite full but managed to share a creme brûlée for dessert.

Our most recent outing was just last week, an early dinner, and we again had the slow start, where we wondered if the staff forgot about us. Our main waiter was a little on the cheeky side, and was incredulous when I indicated I would only be getting a salad, and the appetizer lobster, with a couple of sides to share with hubby. Come on man, you know your portion sizes are ginormous - did I look like I could add a steak with all that food? Well, maybe, but I’m saving room for dessert! Anyway, my husband got an 8 oz filet and it was again perfectly cooked. He enjoyed our shared sides as well. The supporting staff for our lead waiter were terrific and very pleasant - water glasses were always filled, wine poured, and they were all around professional and polite.

After dinner, we ordered tea from one of the support servers, but then the main waiter came by and brought coffee. Huh? I told him we had ordered tea but he walked off before I finished my sentence! This guy is a character! Bless his heart! We set it aside and when he finally came back by he asked about the coffee, apologized, and brought the tea box and quickly left it on the table before disappearing, nearly at light speed. I promise we showered before visiting; we even brushed our teeth and wore our clean Sunday best clothes. We looked longingly at the next table’s customers where their server was engaging with them and having nice conversations.

If we return to Chops/Lobster Bar, we might try the Lobster Bar below (it’s same menu, I think), or if we decide to dine upstairs, we will hope for a different lead server.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

By far the best of The Buckhead Life Groups facilities! Great atmosphere, superb food and great service. We were a group of 4 had a round of drinks, appetizer and for the main course and we had the Bone In Ribeye steak, Lamb Chops, Black Grouper and the Hong Kong seafood. The grouper and the Hongkong seafood were lovely, the ribeye melted in your mouth, but the Lamb Chops were fantastic. The “large” were a little small for 4 to share but were very tasty. Certainly, an excellent diner with drinks and wine for a great evening.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

We had dinner reservations at 8 Sunday night and got seated promptly. Doug was our server and he was absolutely amazing. We had the absolute best dinner and can not wait to go back. I can not point out one negative.

Been to Chops Lobster Bar? Share your experiences!