All reviews breakfast was included surrounding mountains pool area place to stay nice hotel rooms are spacious and clean a ground floor room traditional hotel lovely view free wifi first floor evening meal good size tapas cadiz copy town
Reviewed 7 September 2018

My young son and I stayed here for one night in late August and loved it! I had originally planned to stay at the Fuerte hotel about 4km outside town but I am SO HAPPY that I chose Hotel Villa Grazalema instead. The location is just perfect. A very easy, nice walk to town (we did not have a car). The hotel itself is a bit old but has some character and met our needs. It was a good value for price. We had a wonderful balcony with stunning view of pueblo Grazalema. I could not get over how lovely it was to stare at this picturesque village right from our bed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool area was festive with families and nice for relaxing. Dinner was offered a bit late for us (8pm) so we wandered to town which ended up being better. We found a terrific place to eat and it was nice to experience the village after the majority of tourists had left (lunchtime was crowded). Breakfast was fine, nothing to rave about. It would be nice if the restaurant opened out to a patio.
I would stay here again for sure. Longer next time so as to enjoy some of the good hiking and unique feel the villages offer. Very pleasant experience.

It would have been nice if the reastaurant opened up to a patio.

Room tip: I think all have beautiful views but make sure to ask.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Firstly, what a stunning location. Every bedroom looks out across the valley to the village of Grazalema, which climbs up the side of a rugged mountain. If you like a room with a view, this is the place for you. And only a ten minute gentle walk into the village.
We had a downstairs room, which had a small terrace with a table and two chairs, and looked across the pool to the village. Being downstairs meant we could pull sunbeds over to just outside our room so could pop in and out for books/suntan cream etc . Positives about the room – it was a good size, and was very clean with comfy beds. There was also a fridge, which we hadn’t expected but was very much appreciated, and effective air conditioning. Negatives about the room - there wasn’t quite enough furniture so it was difficult to find places to put things, and the pillows were so thin as to be virtually non-existent. The bathroom was also a good size, but lacking in shelf/countertop space and there was nowhere to hang wet towels
Regarding the hotel in general, all the staff we met were very friendly, and the food was delicious. Breakfast was the normal buffet fare with cold meats, cereals, fruit, bread, cakes and was all very fresh . There was a different ‘Menu de Dia’ every day (15 euros per head), which was on display outside the restaurant , along with an a la carte menu. We ate in the hotel restaurant a few times and our favourite dish was the venison, which was gorgeous. We had a few meals in restaurants in Grazalema as well, but decided that of all the meals we had, the hotel ones were the best. One downside for us was that you can’t get any bar snacks. Although the bar says it’s a cafeteria, it doesn’t do any food at all, so if you want to spend the whole day around the pool, but fancy some lunch, you have to get spruced up to go into the restaurant to eat, or walk over to the village. It would have been nice to be able to grab a sandwich or a bit of tapas for lunch, instead of having a full blown meal. We opted to have soup from the al a carte menu a couple of times as that was the lightest thing on the menu.
The hotel in general is a bit dated, and a little bit tatty in places, and I've marked most things as average because of my comments above. However, the hotel gets a 'very good' because its location makes you forget about the little niggles. On the whole, we had a very pleasant stay there and are looking forward to going back next year. A couple of tips - Take your own pillows if you can, and a hairdryer if you need one. If you’re interested in birds, take binoculars to get a better view of the amazing griffon vultures that can be seen from the hotel.

Room tip: If you’re likely to be in and out of the pool, ask for a downstairs room. If you’d rather have a better view, ask for an upstairs room.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel is typically Spanish. No frills but does what it says on the tin. It’s very cheap really, €50 b&b and very comfortable. It has a great outdoor pool with plenty of sun beds. The staff are great and it’s less than a 10 minutes stroll in to town and all the restaurants. We didn’t have dinner in the hotel but the price looked reasonable. Would recommend if your thinking of staying in the area.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2018

This is a traditional Spanish style small Hotel in beautiful surroundings. The views are incredible.
The rooms are spacious and clean with an ample grass sitting area immediately outside if you are on the ground floor. We drove here from Grazalema as one of our stops around Andalusia and wish we had stayed for more than one night.
Free parking immediately in front of the Hotel.
The included breakfast was great value with a good variety and again with a lovely view from the large dining room window.
Grazalema town is a short 10 minute walk away and is a lovely unspoilt small village with some lovely little places to eat and drink.
We would definitely recommend this Hotel for a tranquil, quiet stay. We were here in May and the Hotel was only half full.

Room tip: Ground floor rooms are good for easy access from your grass terrace to the pool.
Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F
Reviewed 9 May 2018

Good location unless you want to be right in the centre of town. Its a 10 minute walk but a pleasant one. Excellent view of town and countryside so good place to stay to feel well sited. I felt the hotel was a bit soulless - like I imagine a motel. Maybe this is harsh as Was back to back with superb, atmospheric hotels elsewhere in Andalusia. That said the price I got was excellent and very good value of money.
Didn't get to try the restaurant: I went down on first night to eat, but there was a full coach party there and frankly not enough staff ! only 2 staff with about 50 diners arriving at 8pm. Should have been anticipated and staffed accordingly. I sat for 40 minutes, during which time I was just about offered a menu and not offered a drink, or checked on. So anticipating the kitchen could be under pressure, I got up and walked out before ordering. They lost my restaurant business that night and of course for subsequent 2 nights as I chose to eat in town. Pity; i see other reviews compliment the restaurant, but need to get the staffing right and aligned to bookings.

Date of stay: April 2018