“Great wine tasting menu”

Bodegon Gallery Restaurant & Wine Shop
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Benahavis
Price range: US$6 - US$26
Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Superb food with the wine tasting menu. Enjoyed all four courses and the wine more.

Great views at night too of the hills in the distance.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

This restaurant is by far one of the best I have ever visited - not just in Benahavis, but across the globe! The food was incredible - freshly cooked, hand made, and tailored to suit individuals preferences. There was 10 of us in our group, and every single person loved their meal choices. The service was perfect - the owner went above and beyond to make our evening special - such a friendly, passionate and enthusiastic man. They have an extensive wine list but we opted for their Cava which was so reasonably priced that we had no reason to actually keep track of how many we had! The roof terrace, where we sat, overlooked the mountains too - so so beautiful. I really could not recommend this restaurant enough!! We visited on our first night and just had to return on our final nights stay in Benahavis. Thank you Bodegon Gallery for two amazing evenings!

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

I'm writing this as I'm still sat here as it was such a fantastic experience.

Staff amazing, food fantastic, wine beautiful. We decided for the 4 course tasting menu with wine and were not disappointed.

I'm not the most adventurous person in life but this was great. Food and wine matched perfectly.

Great service and price. If you don't like this place then you have a serious problem!

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

Probably the warmest welcome we have ever had at any restaurant and this from the owner/manager who helped serve us alongside an equally friendly waitress. The excellent service was matched by equally excellent food and wine. They have a wine taster menu along with another full menu but they are flexible enough for you to chop and change to suit. As a starter I went for the smoked mackerel salad (from the taster menue) along with a lovely spaghetti bolognese (as did my wife). All accompanied by a lovely Rosè. They have an extensive wine menu and you get the impression that the owner is a real wine buff.
Managed a couple of desserts: passion fruit mousse and a 3 Chocolate Cheesecake, both very very good.
Lovely setting with very.nice views from the first floor balcony (see photo).
Overall highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

We had the most brilliant evening here recently as my wife and son (22) and daughter (20) booked for the four course meal. With each course you get a different glass of wine and it is all put together very thoughtfully. The restaurant looks very unassuming as it is in the heart of the little town in a small street. However, you are taken upstairs to an open terrace with the most amazing views of the surrounding mountains; it literally took our breath away.
The staff were great, very friendly and attentive and the food was unbelieveable. I seem to be running out of adjectives but it was one of the best meals we have ever had and it was so relaxing and the perfect way to spend an evening.
I can't recommend the restaurant highly enough other than to say, if you are looking for somewhere for a special occasion, top rate food, friendly staff, relaxing atmosphere then go to the Bodegon Gallery!