“Lovely place for foreigners in Chita”

Italian Restaurant Mama Roma
Ranked #4 of 224 Restaurants in Chita
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

To begin with, I'm a native of this town but I've lived abroad for a long while. I decided to test this place l, speaking English =). I was served by a lovely lady with a good level of English, but a tiny bit of Russian accent (which was totally alright). She got my order. Calzone, latte, and a lemon sorbet. The coffee was served first, got, delicious, with a pistachio cracker to go with it. Lovely. The calzone was large enough for me (I didn't end up overeating nor did I leave hungry) and one thing I've never seen in Europe is.. eggs in a calzone. Indeed, runny eggs! I loved that a lot. The final was a lemon sorbet, served in a fresh lemon with whipping cream. Very nice cold tinge to the end of my dinner.
I've kept chatting to the admins of the restaurant and I've left a very nice review in their book. Thx! Excellent people work here.

Total came to 600 RUB (about 11 USD)

1  Thank Timofey Z

Reviewed 10 June 2017

Been there so many times, I've lost count. It is 5 minutes walk from the office so probably too convenient. The staff are great. Very friendly and helpful. And unfortunately apologetic a bit too often. The decor is lovely. And it is popular and gets quite full at times. They do a smorgasbord Business Lunch special every couple of days. Haven't tried that yet. I've always ordered off the menus. The food is yum. But sometimes what is on the menu isn't available. And the way they cook seems a bit random. Sometimes one person at the table will have eaten two courses while someone else is waiting for their first. But that doesn't seem limited to this establishment. And I'm slowly getting used to it.

Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

It was good pizza, aperol spritz
My colleagues orders meat. It was also good but portion was announced for 2 but actually it was for one person

Reviewed 15 February 2016

The pizza was average, the roasted salmon was good, and the Cesar Salad pretty decent. There are many pasta items, of course, but also items that you might not expect at an Italian themed place in the middle of Southern Siberia.

Reviewed 6 January 2016

First of all: i'm italian. The atmosphere is nice and the kitchen is quite good.
Of course it's not like the real italian cuisine, but i went there dozens of times because it is the best choice in town.
Be careful to don't take pork fillet, it caused stomach issues to 4 of us in different times.
The prices are comparable to... an italian restaurant located in Italy :-)